Sony launching Home 1.35 tomorrow

Wednesday, 10th March 2010 17:30 GMT By Patrick Garratt

homelogo

Sony’s just said it’s to launch Home 1.35 for PS3 tomorrow, describing it as including “some very significant enhancements”.

Home 1.35 is to have faster load times and an enhanced log-in process, according to this PS Blog post.

A “new intuitive navigator” is to be included, which will apparently the need to “click through message screens”.

The navigator includes access to Favorites, Personal Spaces, Friends, “Explore” and “Recommend”, which is just new stuff on the service, from the sound of it.

Home is PS3′s MMO-style, um, thing. It has more than 12 million registered users.

1. Mad-elph

What annoys me most is that I have loaded it a few times, say once a month to see what has been added, but each time not only do I have to load new areas but they’ve redone it all so I have to sit through loading a new version. hopefully they can stick to this one and jsut add new areas so we don’t have to spend our time thinking about and waiting for the new areas.

2. Panipal2005

The biggest single improvement they could do is HAVE ALL THE AREAS ACCESSIBLE WITHOUT BLOODY LOADING SCREENS! It can’t possibly be that hard to connect all the places up properly.

3. No_PUDding

Personally, I’d hand it all over to SOE, and tell them to deal with it. Hire up a new experienced team.

It need to be seamless, serverside updated and actually be functional.

4. Tallon 4

I don’t think it’s a good idea to support home anymore. Everyone I know don’t give a damn about Home. Just bring on things like proper ingame chat

5. Dr.Ghettoblaster

So does this mean the beta is finally over? I mean, is this the official release of HOME?

(I haven’t been in home a long while, so perhaps the beta ended some time ago)

6. Aimless

For what it’s worth this update is pretty decent. Everything loads faster, the Navigator is a much better interface than the existing ‘chip’ system, and in the Beta there were some fairly nifty toys on show — not sure what’s going to be present in the actual release, so I’ll leave it at that.

That said the update won’t convert anyone. It’s still the same old Home, just better optimised and easier to navigate.

7. MushroomStamp

Maybe it’s just me, but i’m betting i’m with the majority. I never really see any difference in any of the firmware updates. But then I dont’ use my PS3 for anything but to play games and watch movies. No HOME, No Shopping, no Browsing.. or anything.. Games that I have a disk for and movies.. that’s it.

8. Michael O’Connor

Just went into this earlier today.

It’s a *vast* improvement.

If you haven’t tried it in a while, do. It’s pretty solid.

9. Gekidami

They could have also fixed the time it takes for other peoples avatars to load in, seeing ‘glass people’ every time you enter a space for about 3mins is abit stupid.