EA “disappointed” with Activision over Infinity Ward situation

Wednesday, 10th March 2010 23:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Infinity Ward

Speaking at GDC earlier today, EA COO John Schappert said he was “disappointed” with Activision over the way its handling an Infinity Ward legal situation which has seen bosses Vince Zampella and Jason West fired for apparent “insubordination”.

Speaking in a speech, the exec said:

“I’m disappointed because I think Jason and Vince, on the human side, are two great guys. I know them personally, they’ve done great things. And I think they’re two of the best creative leaders in our space.

“I hope that they find a way to continue to make games and focus on that during this period.”

He also gave praise to Modern Warfare 2 during the session, although he said there won’t be any winners in the upcoming court-case between the two parties.

Earlier tonight, Activision formally announced a March 30 release date for the first MW2 map pack on 360. A PS3 and PC date for it will be decided down the line, eventually.

Thanks, IGN.

1. cookiejar

You know things are bad, when EA says THEY are disappointed in YOU.

2. V_Ben

Hey Guys, At EA we wouldn’t do that to you, how about you come over here? We’ll be nice! Please?

3. hitnrun

Is EA hypocritically teabagging a competitor who is under siege for engaging in the same sort of practices EA used to be denounced for? Yes.

Is it awesome and completely welcome? Yes.

Kick em again, Schapp!

4. No_PUDding

Schapert, as soon as Riticello is gone (I hope never) you won’t have the moral high-ground to tout.

I don’t know why I addressed it to him, but I did.

5. Erthazus

Owwwwww EA sooooo want Modern Warfare franchise.

6. The1stMJC

what is not mentioned is as this was being said he was writing a check out to Vince Zampella and Jason West.

7. Dralen

Haha!!! So true.

8. absolutezero

Medal of Honour devs leave EA. Make studio called Infinity Ward. Make Medal of Honour with a different name. Become fucking huge. Everyone forgets Medal of Honour. Medal of Honour rips-off game that originally ripped it off.

High quantities of confusion.

9. Blerk

Vince Zampella and Jason West, coming soon to an EA studio near you!

10. Freek

How insane would it be if they got hired to head up the studio doing the new Medal of Honor(s) ?

11. Gekidami

I doubt they’d want to work under EALA and DICE, they’d be aiming for a new studio or nothing most likely. And they wouldnt get instantly promoted to lead the project either.

12. YoungZer0

@8: Ripped it off? Sorry, i must have missed something, because i don’t remember that MW1 and 2 were set in a realistic Afghanistan.