Halo: Reach multiplayer gets jetpacks, new modes in monster trailer

Wednesday, 3rd March 2010 10:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Halo Reach 4

Halo: Reach’s big multiplayer bomb? A whole slew of multiplayer modes and, for the first time in the series, jetpacks.

Those feature in a new trailer, which is after the break.

The video shows off the new modes, like Spartans vs Elites, Invasions, Headhunter and more. Simply put: we want. And we want now.

The multiplayer beta is due to kick off on May 3, while the game itself launches this fall for 360.

1. Gekidami

Assassinations look really unnecessary, its pretty much a spanner in the games pacing. Theres also a chance it’ll have what AvP has; ‘Assassination trains’ where people see someone assassinating someone else, stand behind them and do the same.

2. Johnny Cullen

BOOM.

3. daytripper

the transformers war for cybertron multiplayer announcement sounds more exciting, create your own transformer with plenty of customization for the maps and transformations. saying that i’m not a big FPS ban so the likes of Halo aernt the most anticipated for me but I can see why plenty really enjoy it.

4. DUFFKING

Geki, they said in the ViDoc that the assassinations only occur if you hold in the beat down button – the old ‘punch in the back’ should still work as well. The new thing is just for humiliation.

Looks great, seems faster than typical halo too.

5. Tonka

Now THAT’S how you do a trailer. Could someone please forward it to Team Ninja?

6. onyxbox

Now that looks much better than Halo 3. Well done Bungie.

7. Madlink

Looking great so far. Roll on May!

8. Erthazus

@6 but not better then any other multiplatform… Its sound like: finally, Bungie make a game for a next gen system.

PS: Weapons now look like something real and serious.

9. Gekidami

Thats good then, as long as you arent FORCED to do it everytime you want to insta-kill someone from behind.

10. DrDamn

Big change in there for me is the implication of “Loadouts”. Even Halo 3 had the old skool method of all starting with the same weapon and set weapon pick-up points. As a preference I like to start a game with a gun I’m comfortable with rather than “know” where it is and hope someone else hasn’t already nicked it.

11. Gekidami

Problem is the weapon people are the most “comfortable with” tend to be the most powerful. Knowing Halo, and looking at that trailer it looks like theres already alot of power weapons.
    Has it actually been said that you’ll be able to pick your weapon? Maybe its just your ‘power up’ and weapons are found on the map.

12. DrDamn

What else would Loadout mean? I’m guessing there would be some balance, maybe a levelling system which gives access to different weapons. They could have special abilities like being able to carry more grenades and stuff too. I’m a wealth of ideas me ;)

13. Gekidami

The secondary item you carry, notice the slot top-left of the motion detector. You can pick what item you want to go there.

14. SunKing

Looks like a Halo game, which is probably what the fans want. I’m not all that fussed, personally. I actually enjoyed the backing music to the trailer more than the gameplay on show. :P

15. NGCes26294BIV

Looks very nice. Will enjoy the Beta.

16. Mike

Looks proppa hardcor3 to, me. Can’t wait.

Although I’m more looking forward to Halo 4, tbh.

17. manamana

Grrrrrrrrrrrmuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoumph!
    I really can’t stand not one of that damn haters anymore.
    You stupid f*cks better go with Playmobil.
    Really.

“We want this and that. Graphics are lame. It’s like CODx. Weapons are this and that. Finally a Game for a next-gen bla”

@all the nextgen-Guys: Its for five Years this Gen!!!
    @all Halo-haters: it’s ok. But don’t come wining, when you want to play an engaging MP-Shooter for YEARS! (Believe me: i will still play Halo:REACH when COD8 is on the servers)
    @all Box-haters: Should i really hate Ferraris, only because i drive me 911? Get over it.

@all: Go play! That’s all what matters. Luv & a hug.