Eurogamer Expo 2010 to be held in Earl’s Court

Wednesday, 3rd March 2010 08:10 GMT By Patrick Garratt

earlscourt

EG just announced that its 2010 Expo will take place in London’s Earl’s Court.

This is the Expo’s third year, with the 2010 event running from October 1-3.

Last year’s event was a two-venue affair, with one held in Leeds and one in London. Looks as though that’s been knocked on the head: Earl’s Court’s a major venue, and the company said this morning capacity’s been up to 20,000.

Last year Heavy Rain, Brink and more got big preview sessions, and thousands got to play 2009′s Christmas games early.

There’s more on Eurogamer.

1. mington

Why can’t they do it in Fareham :(

fingers crossed for next year

2. Blerk

Aw, boo. London’s too far for me. :-(

Edit: £127 on the train! Jeeeeeeesus! No wonder everyone fucking drives everywhere! :shock:

3. mington

get a coach innit, coaches FTW

4. Blerk

It takes four hours on the train. If I got a coach I’d probably get old and die before I got there.

5. G1GAHURTZ

From where? I think it’s about 7.5 hours from Middlesbrough to Victoria by National Express.

6. mington

i sat on a coach for 8 hours once, from Portsmouth to Leeds, that really was fucking horrid :)

7. Crazyreyn

I went from Birmingham to Aberdeen once by coach. Actually don’t remember the return leg, I think my mind blocked it out.

This news story is now about coaches.

8. Patrick Garratt

Did London to Newcastle return on National Express once. Nearly topped myself.

9. G1GAHURTZ

I’ve done National Express Newcastle to London return as well.

I think that was the time that I got stuck next to some old woman who wanted to tell me her and her children’s life story in between her dozing off every now and then.

10. Blerk

When I was a kid we went to Spain on the coach. Two days trapped in a sweaty tin can with a bunch of smelly old people and only pot noodles to eat. If Hell is real, I swear it wouldn’t be a patch on that.

11. Patrick Garratt

I had mad drunks on the Newcastle coach. I played Pokemon on a Game Boy Color for eight hours each way.

International travel by coach just isn’t funny. I’d rather walk.

12. ryn.x

They did a school trip once from Swansea to Austria, someone got a major case of Diarrhoea just as they entered the Mountain roads completely blocking the toilet and resulting in it overflowing all over the floor.

The stories from that trip put me off coach travel for life.

Trains not too bad if you book in advance, even better if you have a rail card (which are completely worth it anyway) so being London only shouldn’t have that much of an affect, or are northerners that scared of venturing south?

13. McLovin85

Earls Court!!! Wicked that’s just round the corner from me, can’t wait!

14. Eregol

Damn.

I went to ECTS at Earls Court. Was too big and complicated.
    I liked it where it was in 2009.
    Right next door to where I work.

I might still go to this though.

15. Hunam

London is fine for me, takes about 2 hours on the train and costs about £30 :) London Midland trains ftw!

16. No_PUDding

Jesus, you are a bunch of moany old sods, I know it, becuase I can’t bring up the 4 Yorkshiremen again.

I am sure tons of immigrants have worse journeys. The upside is they don’t have to pay taxes anymore… oh wait.