Nintendo releases new Metroid: Other M trailer

Tuesday, 2nd March 2010 21:12 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Metroid Other M Logo

Nintendo’s put out the door a new trailer for Metroid: Other M.

Get it after the break.

It doesn’t show a lot of action – or for that matter, none – but it still qualifies as a good trailer in our book, showing some of Samus’s past.

Go watch it over at ONM.

Metroid: Other M was dated last week for the US for June 27, while a vague Q3 release was only given by Nintendo Europe for the region at the company’s region media summits.

From the sounds of it, you’d need to keep this on your radar.

Thanks, AHA-Lambda.

1. Michael O’Connor

Why in god’s name does Samus look like a 17 year old teenage boy lead character from a JRPG?

2. Freek

Because it’s a Team Ninja game. All they can do is extremes; it’s either an outrages bimbo or a ladyboy.

3. Erthazus

Michael, because its a fucking Japanese art style that anime fans like.

4. onlineatron

Well done Team Ninja… you’ve succeeded in making Samus a sci-fi cliché!

God I hope Nintendo reign this in.

5. Michael O’Connor

“Michael, because its a fucking Japanese art style that anime fans like.”

Last time I checked Nintendo was Japanese, and they never had to make Samus look like a teenage *boy*.

“I like for example and its a Team Ninja Game that make games with that Japanese anime style.”

To be frank, it looks like they *literally* took Elliot’s model from Dead or Alive 4 and stuck some breasts on him.

6. Blerk

Ha! I actually saw shots of Samus in the screenie dump the other day and didn’t realise it was her. Or, indeed, that it was actually a girl. :-D

I’m not holding out much hope for this project.

7. Tonka

WTF was the point of that shit? I want my 72 seconds back please.