Mass Effect 2 Firewalker DLC pack coming March

Friday, 26th February 2010 06:21 GMT By Patrick Garratt

masseffect213

BioWare’s announced another batch of Mass Effect 2 DLC, this time centred on the Hammerhead tank.

The free content will include five missions based on the vehicle, which “hovers over the battlefield at up to 120 kilometers per hour and features a guided missile system ensuring accuracy even during aggressive maneuvering.”

You’ll be playing this in late March. The DLC will be delivered via Mass Effect 2′s Cerberus Network.

This is the second bunch of content confirmed for the all-consuming RPG, the first being a shotgun and armour set announced earlier in the month.

If you’re not playing this yet, you should ask yourself why not. If record sales and the “people won’t shut up about it” gauge are any indicator, you’re missing out.

1. Phoenixblight

Can’t Wait!

2. Blerk

I haven’t even bought it yet, I’ve got too much other stuff on. By the sounds of it it’d make more sense to wait until all the DLC’s out anyway! :-)

3. Mike

It’s too good. Up until 0230 last night. Oops!

Takin’ ma sweet time.

4. mington

i don’t understand, hover tanks don’t work on water

5. yupyup

@Blerk

Make sure *not* to download the Cerberus DLC before starting a new game (as I had been planning to). One of the missions is spoilery titled. You should be fine after an hour or so of playtime though.

6. Blerk

I think the internets might’ve spoiled that particular bit for me already, if it’s what I’m thinking of. The cads!

7. unacomn

Gee, to bad they didn’t release this at the time I was reviewing it. I mite not have called it “A Gears of War adventure trough Battlestar, Watchmen, Anachronox and Contra rippoff land”
    Well, I still would have, but not with in a bad way.

8. Moonwalker1982

Free? And that coming from EA….awesome, this is how it should be!!!1

9. Mike

@7: You called it that in your review?! Did you play it? As it is essentially nothing like you have described at all.

10. Bulk Slash

I’m on my fourth play through now, I can’t get enough of the game. Definitely looks like game of the year to me, which means 2010 has peaked quite early!

More missions are great but I hope they will add some new interactions with the team and crew to the game. Perhaps some Yeoman Kelly centred missions….

11. joshua nash

glad they announced this finally but come on late march can’t they release it earlier like mid march, just cause i’m dying to get this and i’ve been wanting it for so long

12. blackdreamhunk

I am playing mass effect 2 right now and I like it a lot. However I like mass effect 1 better, Mass effect 2 lost it’s Immersion. The action is better in mass effect 2.

13. MushroomStamp

I made all the choices the way I wanted the first time through. So I am not replaying.. just waiting for ME3. Too many other games out and coming out to play through more than once.