F1 2010 to get formal reveal on March 17

Wednesday, 24th February 2010 10:11 GMT By Johnny Cullen

f1

Codemasters has confirmed the reveal of F1 2010 will be taking place next month.

Speaking to SRW, the publisher said the next-gen edition in the series for PS3, 360 and PC will be revealed to press on March 17, three days after the start of the real F1 season in Bahrain.

Codies released a PSP and Wii version, F1 2009, late last year. It’s the first next-gen F1 game, however, since the company took over the F1 licence from Sony a couple of years ago.

The last F1 title then was F1: Championship Edition for PlayStation 3 at the launch of the console back in March 2007.

1. Pysk

I’m really interested in a good, up-to-date F1 game and Codemasters are probably the right guys for the job.

btw Michael Schumacher sucks ;)

2. mington

i don’t think i’ve played an F1 game since the N64, they used to be such a big deal

we want an F1 game with kers innit, innit!

3. Blerk

I’ve always wanted to like an F1 game, but I’ve always been completely and utterly shit at them.

4. NGCes26294BIV

F1 2009 had kers innit, innit. All cars had it though, which was a bit wierd.

After Grid and Dirt, I’m hopeful Codies can deliver the goods again.

Can’t be worse than F1:CE for PS3.

5. mington

The British GP is back at silverstone, so they’ll have to replicate the track :(

I remember silverstone was always the bleakest most depressing looking track in any F1 game, the sky was always dark gray and there was absolutely nothing on the horizons, like it was the Boletarian GP

6. Johnny Cullen

Don’t think this one will have KERS.

They got rid of it at the end of last season. Only McLaren, Ferrari and, I think, Renault and Red Bull had it by the last race of the season in Abu Dhabi.

7. RoarrrUK

after Dirt / Grid americanisation I hope they do it right. Both games for me were badly let down by the xgames slant, american voice overs etc.

I hope this F1 title is free from in your face tactics and the driving model not as ‘central pivoted’ as grid. *shudders*

8. mington

i hope there’s a San Francisco GP and all the car’s are fitted with retractable wings

9. RoarrrUK

10. scuz

lol..f1 2009 delayed for a year “it’s okay, just plus one”

11. brokenkey

F1 2010 game illustrated with a photo from at latest 1997.