UK charts: Alien vs Predator goes top

Monday, 22nd February 2010 10:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

aliensvspredator54

Alien vs Predator has stormed to number one in the latest UK charts.

The Rebellion shooter has already become the fastest-selling title of 2010 already in a week.

It toppled the previous holder, and last week’s number one, BioShock 2 down to three, while Ubisoft’s Just Dance keeps on pant-swinging at two.

The top ten’s below. Last week’s data is here.

UK charts

1. NGCes26294BIV

All those poor people. Didn’t they play the demo?

2. SplatteredHouse

Most ad breaks I’ve fwd’d through, have featured that game.

3. Gekidami

Yep, this is probably the only site i visit that hasnt been drowning in AvP ads.

4. Michael O’Connor

It’s fun despite its flaws.

5. Gekidami

I’ll pick it up at one point. I canned my preorder after the average reviews, i dont think it’s worth the 85€ i was going to put down for the Hunter Edition.

6. Dralen

It could have been so much better. It’s definitely not worth it’s release price tag. I’m not saying its an awful game, because it isn’t, but there was so much potential in this game and if made right it could have easily been a AAA title.

7. fdelfino

The demo was crap. Not worthy $49.99 on STEAM. It’s ridiculous that AvP has the same price as BFBC2, which is a far superior game…

8. Enkeixpress

The demo of AvP was awful.. I’m waiting for my pre-order of Bad Company 2! :D

9. Bulk Slash

How can everyone call the game awful if the demo is just of the multi-player?

I’ve been playing the single player on and off since release and I’m really enjoying it. In particular, sneaking around a room as an Alien eating marine brains while dragging colonists off to be impregnated is great fun.

10. fdelfino

@ Bulk Slash

The only way I had to test the game was the demo, and it was crap. I do not intend to spend $49.99 on something I’m not sure I’ll like.
    Athough you have a point, he campaign is probably way better than the MP…

11. AHA-Lambda

@5 – Same I had the hunter edition pre ordered, now this game looks like a rental, damn shame :|

although regardless of people’s feeling about this avp game the fact its 2010′s fastest selling game is quite sad compared to the likes of ME2 and bioshock 2. Then again if this does have commerical success we could get another sequel albeit improved.

12. Gekidami

I hope if/when there is a sequel, Rebellion dont make it. Those guys just cant do video games.

13. AHA-Lambda

I spoke too soon

sorry geki

14. RGW1982

@ 9

Everyone That Said The Demo Sucked Got There Asses Kicked, The Game Is Great, Story Mode & Multiplayer, I Don’t Like 3 Of The Online Modes (Deathmatch, Mixed Species & Domination) But The Other 4 Are Great & Very Fun To Play.

Can’t Wait For The Sequel & LMAO At The Idiots That Don’t Buy Games Because Of Reviews, You’re Mainstream Sheep, You Don’t Even Pick The Games You Like You Just Like What They Tell You To Like.. Losers.