Battlefield 3 will “blow everyone away,” says DICE founder

Monday, 22nd February 2010 16:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

battlefield2

Battlefield 3 will be pretty good, according to ex-DICE CEO Fredrik Liljegren.

Speaking in an interview with Gaming Union, Liljegren – who now runs upstart Antic Entertainment after his former studio, DICE Canada closed -  said the upcoming shooter will “blow everyone away”.

“Well I knew that they were going to the console route because the numbers on the PC where dwindling. I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven’t announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what’s coming, and I still can’t talk about it because I’m still under NDA,” he said.

“What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it’s going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can’t tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.”

He also took a pop at Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare juggernaut, saying the threequel won’t be anywhere near it.

“That’s why it’s going to blow people away, because it’s not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it’s not that experience.”

Former EA COO John Pleasents confirmed last year that BF3 was in development, although no more was said then that.

No confirmed date yet.

1. Yoshi

STOP TEASING DAMIT *goes and crys into a pillow*

2. Bleak Harvest

Yeah, had no idea this was coming.

3. ybfelix

So it’s PC and that’s nice. Will it be on consoles also?

4. COG287PR

“What the PC version is going to be”

does this mean that there will allso be console versions?

5. Yoshi

I sure hope not lol or atleast pc first then console later on, so its 100% pc version

6. endgame

r u guys ok? have u been dropped in the head? ofc there will be console versions. jeez it’s like this is your first contact with the gaming world.

7. Gekidami

It’ll no doubt come out on PC first then consoles later. Lets face it; EA actually wants the game to sell.

8. fdelfino

@ 2
    yeah, had no idea either…

9. loki

i am not sure about this, PC and “blow everyone away,” it is not real if only away from PC games

10. absolutezero

I hope to God its PC only, look at OP Flash 2 for evidence about whats going to happen if its multi-platform.

It better be proper fucking Battlefield aswell, none of this 3 classes that do everything.

11. G1GAHURTZ

Talk is cheap.

12. Erthazus

I think DICE will achieve what Sony could not achieve with MAG.

256 battles with BC2 graphics or even better and this probably will be on PC…

Consoles maybe 64 players or 128… Dunno.

13. _S_E_R_G_

Please! PLEASE!!
    Make good PC BF title, not console crap!

14. endgame

god u’r such a bunch of newbies.