Battlefield 3 will “blow everyone away,” says DICE founder

Monday, 22 February 2010 16:39 GMT By Johnny Cullen

battlefield2

Battlefield 3 will be pretty good, according to ex-DICE CEO Fredrik Liljegren.

Speaking in an interview with Gaming Union, Liljegren – who now runs upstart Antic Entertainment after his former studio, DICE Canada closed -  said the upcoming shooter will “blow everyone away”.

“Well I knew that they were going to the console route because the numbers on the PC where dwindling. I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven’t announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what’s coming, and I still can’t talk about it because I’m still under NDA,” he said.

“What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it’s going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can’t tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.”

He also took a pop at Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare juggernaut, saying the threequel won’t be anywhere near it.

“That’s why it’s going to blow people away, because it’s not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it’s not that experience.”

Former EA COO John Pleasents confirmed last year that BF3 was in development, although no more was said then that.

No confirmed date yet.

Latest