Watch Bobby Kotick’s D.I.C.E. speech

Friday, 19th February 2010 22:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

kotick

You all know by now that Activision CEO Bobby Kotick was at DICE yesterday and gave a speech chatting about his start in the gaming business, how he regrets not purchasing Harmonix, and how his “taking all the fun out of games” comment was taken out of context.

Kotick also chatted a bit about how gaming could easily become an addiction for him.

Now, you can watch the full speech for yourself below the break, courtesy of G4, and he doesn’t seem to come off as Darth Vader in it either.

Maybe just a cross between Darth Revan and Chad Vader.

1. Stephany Nunneley

If the video does not work for you, hit this link:

I could only watch the thing on here and on G4 to the 1.20 mark and it stops working.

2. NiceFellow

No thanks – his grin is putting me off.

3. ShiroGamer

NO,thx

4. Jadeskye

i see that face and i just want to punch.

5. blackdreamhunk

wow he is very down to earth I actuclly like what had to say.

6. Grimrita

I’d rather watch Pat Butcher do a Striptease! But to be fair to the Ewok, it was pretty interesting stuff. But at the age of 26, he had $440,000 sitting around?!

The only thing that put me off was how he mentions about all the talented people but yet, Activision/Blizzard closed a couple of studios recently. Nature of the beast maybe?

7. Michael O’Connor

Bobby Kotick calling E.A. the sell-outs, while it is E.A. promoting new franchises *and* releasing consistently strong sequels to its established franchise, is the most hypocritical bullshit I have ever heard.

8. Phoenixblight

What are you talking about O’Connor DJ Hero was the most innova….. Ok I seriously can’t do it with a straight face.

9. Michael O’Connor