Jaffe’s next game “somewhere between God of War and Calling All Cars”

Thursday, 18th February 2010 08:33 GMT By Johnny Cullen

jaffe

Eat, Sleep, Play bossman David Jaffe has said at DICE his next game is based “somewhere between God of War and Calling All Cars”.

The studio head confirmed the news at a panel at the event in Las Vegas last night.

Since work started on a new project at the studio, it’s thought the game is a reboot of the Twisted Metal franchise for PS3. However, as of yet, the project hasn’t been formally announced. Expect to see something at either GDC or E3.

He did, however, say recently if it was a jump start of the series, it’d need to “re-earn each and every fan the series ever had.”

Jaffe also said during the panel that making Calling All Cars for PlayStation Network was a “rookie mistake”.

Thanks, Gamepro.

1. Blerk

God of Cars? Cars of God? Cars of War? War of Cars?

Wait, I already did that joke!

2. Robo_1

I think every hint that it’s possible to make has now been dropped that this is indeed a Twisted Metal re-boot.

I never played the Twisted Metal games, were they any good?

3. Gekidami

I’ve only ever played one of them (2nd i think) and it was pretty awesome, especially in splitscreen coop.

4. RGW1982

Finally He Starts Work On The New Twisted Metal & It’s About Time!

5. locus2k1

Agreed, the odds all up for Twisted Metal reboot… although Kratos Kart Racing could potentially be awesome :lol:

6. PolyGoneWithTheWind

ha ha, Kratos Kart Racing… it could have a Ben Hur element of chariot racing in it. I’m sold. Where do I pre-order?

7. Tonka

Somwhere between Shit and Amazing. Wow, don’t say too much now blabbermouth.

8. themadjock

Calling all Cars was amazing online, with friends, or four player local. It was pretty useless single player however.

God of War is probably the best action game series ever so whatever he is working on is worth keeping an eye on.

9. SunKing

There’s a typo in your header, Johnny: “somehwere”. Either other people’s minds are correctly imagining the right spelling or they’re just too polite to say. (On a side note, the former is awesome cool and freaky when it happens!)

10. Dannybuoy

Calling all gods

11. Tonka

Gears of War….

/curtain

12. Eregol

Open World Twisted Metal Reboot where you can get out of your car and carve people up with blades?

Calling all Cars was great in local multiplayer. Shame I wont play it online.

13. themadjock

What I never understood was that whenever I played calling all cars only it only seemed to be me and my buddy and occasionally a random but the lobbies were always empty? It was a great fun game

14. AHA-Lambda

god of war kart racing :D

15. Gekidami

Turns out that when he said this he was talking about budget:

Quite an interesting interview that, he gives his opinion on Dantes Inferno and other ‘GoW-like’ games.