UK charts: BioShock 2 overthrows Mass Effect 2 from number one

Monday, 15th February 2010 10:38 GMT By Johnny Cullen

bioshock2_360

BioShock 2 has gone to number one in this week’s UK charts.

The just-released list sees the 2K Marin sequel overthrow Mass Effect 2.

The BioWare RPG lands at eight with a 58 percent drop in sales.

The top three is rounded off by Just Dance and FIFA 10.

Get the top ten below. Last week’s data is here.

UK charts

1. Gekidami

Foreseeable.

2. Psychotext

Bayonetta jumps up the charts thanks to the £17.99 sell off I see.

3. Redh3lix

Finally purchased the first Bioshock yesterday and am enjoying it. Struggling to kill these “daddys” though.

4. Johnny Cullen

I was going to mention that.

Masssssssssssive jump. 8O

5. The Hindle

Woah big drop for Me 2

6. SplatteredHouse

Has anyone compared week one ME2/Bioshock2? How do those numbers stack up, and what’s the difference between them, if the data’s available?

7. Blerk

Can’t see any data, but ChartTrack have this to say:
    “‘Bioshock 2’ saw a Tuesday release and overtakes ‘Mass Effect 2’ as the biggest release this year so far.”

Hardly surprising given that it was on extra platform, though.

8. SplatteredHouse

That’s true, but I was thinking we might be able to suggest whether or not owners of the first bought the second (whether Bioshock 2 would lose any ground from people being caught up in Mass Effect 2).
    Thanks for looking into it, though. :)

9. Psychotext

The best we’ll be able to get is the monthly numbers when they’re released to Japanese magazines. Sadly we can’t even do the calculations based on the Modern Warfare 2 figures because they didn’t provide them this week.

10. The Hindle

Is that Bayonetta deal a one time offer or is it permanent?

11. Psychotext

Still on at Zavvi: http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/bayonetta/10042982.html / http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/bayonetta/10042983.html

On a different note, I just noticed that Just Dance outsold the PS3 version of Bioshock 2. That game is a freaking monster.

12. Blerk

My daughter saw Just Dance in Asda while we were shopping this weekend and went fucking nuts for it. Might get it for her birthday. :-)

13. polygem

just sold my bs2 copy…didn´t even finish it…i liked the first bs…but bs2 is b o r i n g imo…

14. Gekidami

I have to agree, i’m up to the last part and the games been nothing but a linear, repetitive shoot-out fest for now. Other then the very beginning of the game not even the ambiance has made it intertesting. Unlike the first one.

15. Bulk Slash

Glad to see I’m not the only one finding Bioshock 2 a load of old rubbish.

16. Pyrix

Yeah, I too have not enjoyed it as much as Bioshock 1. Part of the reason for that is the inability to go back to other areas, making it too linear and giving me less freedom to explore when I want. This game is scarier than the first though, which I didn’t find scary at all.

17. onlineatron

@PT

Thanks for the tip!

Just bought it from shopto for 17.85

WOW!

Can’t wait for tomorrow!

18. Phoenixblight

My only issue with Bio2 is that the feeling of the city is gone. The creepy feeling of seeing shadows of Splicers and hearing the little sister sing. Then the nervousness of fighting a big daddy all gone.

But Bio2 story was so much better then the first at first it became rather drag going after the ones who took your “daughter” but then the ending a lot better then Bio1 climax. Bio2 definitely demonstrated the connection between the Lil sister and the Big Daddy.