Remedy: 360 is “a very good environment” for Alan Wake

Monday, 15th February 2010 10:29 GMT By Johnny Cullen

alanwake

Remedy has said in an interview with BlendGames that Alan Wake on 360 is a much better “environment” then PC.

“Our roots are very much in the PC development but focusing on one platform has allowed us to make the best possible game, so in that respect we’re very happy focusing on one platform. Right now, getting this out the door and done,” said MD of the studio Matias Myllyrinne, speaking alongside writer Sam Lake and head of franchise development Oskari Hakkinen.

“We don’t have any plans for a PC version now.

“At least for me,” said Myllyrinne, pointing at a TV, “this feels like a very good environment to play the game where you have the big screen and couch for something so cinematic and large. But that’s just my personal preference.”

His comments come after Microsoft confirmed on Friday the title’s PC development was cancelled. When first announced in 2005, it was down as a 360 and Games for Windows title.

The thriller finally got a date last week at X10. It’ll be out on May 18 in the US and May 21 in the UK.

Get the newest trailer from the event here. A collector’s edition was also revealed as well last week.

1. mington

Farmer Giles: A green house is “a very good environment” for growing tomatoes

2. Hakkiz

If I remember correctly, it was first announced for the PC and next-gen consoles. But it was a bit different game back then. With free-roaming and all.

3. The Hindle

I remember reading a preview for this way back in 2005 on Eurogamer.

4. Psychotext

Here’s the info back from the original announcement: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/615/615936p1.html

5. The Hindle

Lol check back soon for further updates it says, we had to wait 4 years after that preview for more information. :)

6. polygem

well i got my ps3, 360 and mac mini connected to a very nice 24″ hd monitor. i play all my games at the desk, do the computer stuff there as well and can watch a movie on the couch…i love this setting and it delivers all my multimedia needs. the screen is just perfect for me, for movies and games. when i play at a friends place in front of his huge tv set on the couch it feels kind of strange to me…maybe it´s just because i´m not used to that.

7. Old MacDonald

Yes, the living room, with the noisy kids and the wife going on about her reality shows. Good environment for a game like this. Yes. Indeed.

I have three consoles. This is precisely the kind of game I don’t play on any of them.

8. Eregol

Mington’s comment is gold!!!

9. mington

yay for me :P

10. Eregol

Mington’s comment is sarcastic.
    Hence the :P

11. endgame

ok, w/e, we got it. it’s not coming to pc anymore. /care it’s not like pc gamers don’t have games to play. i for one have so many, that even if the day had 48 hours instead of just 24 and even if i wouldn’t have to sleep i still wouldn’t have enough time to play all the games that i want to play..