Dragon Age: Awakening to be a download-only expansion on PSN in Europe

Monday, 15th February 2010 19:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

dragonageoriginsawakening

The FAQ for the upcoming Dragon Age: Origins expansion Awakening has revealed it’ll be available in downloadable flavour for PSN in European and PAL regions only.

That’s because of a rule from SCEE which dictates that an expansion can’t be released together on the PSN and at retail together. One or the other, Ringo.

While PC and 360 will get both flavours here, anybody without an internet connection might just be out of luck.

Sorry, kiddlewinks.

Awakening is available on March 16 worldwide for 360, PS3 and PC.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Michael O’Connor

Let the 360 vs PS3 flame war commence…. NOW!

2. Phoenixblight

I would rather have it on Disk vs Download especially on the PSN.

3. Gekidami

Very odd rule. Especially if its only SCEE doing it and not SCEA.

4. Spiral

Well they have to find some way to screw Europe over if they can’t hold it back for six months.

5. AHA-Lambda

Why on earth do SCEE have this policy and SCEA don’t? God SCEE are unbelievably incompetent.

I know it’s not the biggest thing to get angry over but I do prefer to own things on disk over download wherever I can so this irritates me. Then again it explains awakening appearing on retail websites for 360 and oc but not ps3.

Okay here is the questions:

How big will this be and how much?

6. Gekidami

I guess this means that the GTA4 episodes wont be sold on a disc for PS3 in Europe to?

7. AHA-Lambda

That’s not technically an exansion though right?

Plus unlike awakening I have seen the ps3 gta episodes on websites like play.com and amazon

8. RGW1982

@ 6

Not Like Anyone’s Gonna Buy It Anyways, Download Or Disk.. It Will Fail Even Worse Then It Did On The 360.

9. AHA-Lambda

I’m buying it -_-

10. RGW1982

Let Me Rephrase That, Anybody With Half A Brain Will Not Be Buying Year & Half Old DLC For Full Price, The Idiots Will But The Masses Won’t, Most PS3 Players Don’t Play Or Got Rid Of GTA IV Already.

11. Psychotext

That’s utterly retarded.

12. magowiz

That’s wonderful, I have a 40gb PS3, should I download 10-15gb of expansion via web ? Maybe four or five days of continuous download should be sufficient….

Thank you very much SCEE ! I should have bought American version.

13. Blerk

They do what? I’d love to know why that’s the case.

Couldn’t they just release a disc version a few weeks later or something? Or, you know, bend the stupid rules for once?

14. BraveArse

Didn’t european retailers screw Sony royally over the WarHawk, GT4 prologue and SOCOM releases? Insisting that they sell them at retail price or they wouldn’t stock them? I could’ve sworn that was a big issue a couple of years back. If so I can understand the rule… sort of.

If not, colour me mental and get me to a psychiatrist. :S

15. Blerk

Nurse! :-D

16. BraveArse

Hey if I get bedbaths then it’s a win for me. :)