Rumor: Sonic 4 episodes will eventually hit retail on one disc

Saturday, 13th February 2010 15:51 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

sonic

Rumor floating about this morning has Sonic 4 hitting retail after all four episodes are released.

This rumor stems from (D’toid, Kombo) fans flicking through the official site content and noticing that after episode four, there is another Sonic 4 with its release date and platform “TBC.”

Honestly, if it were to happen it would not be too surprising, but we’ll email SEGA and ask. To be fair, it probably won’t tell us anything and is instead waiting to announce it at a later date.

Then again, it could just be a web mistake, and meant to have been taken off or replaced once the game was officially announced. Or, it could be the rumored iPhone version.

The first episode lands on PSN, WiiWare and XBLA this summer.

1. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Wait…so there releasing Sonic 4 in old school 2Dish format right? Cool.

Why the need for four seperate DLC episodes? Didn’t the original Sonics 1-3 have like 8-12 levels max each? What, they can’t put this all in one package up front? I really don’t get it nor like the suspect profit reasoning behind it…need more details though.

2. AHA-Lambda

4 episodes huh?

I might wait and see if this retail thing is true first. Saves me money and I prefer getting stuff on disc where I can anyway :P

3. nbnt

and this “retail disc” suppose to be cheaper than buying the episodes separately?

4. lindblum_resident

I find it hard to believe that they’d confirm a disc so early because that would seriously affect PSN/Live/WiiWare download numbers. I know I am going to wait for a disc if the game ends up gaining my interest.

5. RGW1982

Make Sense If The File Sizes Are Big Enough, I Can’t See Them Wasting A Disc On 400MB’s, But I Can’t See The Episodes Being Much Bigger Then 100MB’s Each.

6. SunKing

It’s possible, granted, but it sounds pretty tenuous.