Greenberg: More information and possible “real” name for Natal at E3

Saturday, 13th February 2010 16:43 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

natal4

Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg has said that more news regarding Natal will be announced at E3 – maybe even the actual name of the peripheral.

Speaking with Joystiq during X10, Greenberg said that the device was still currently in codename status, and games for it will be considered an entirely new category.

“I would say to expect us to share a news around E3 time,” he said. “But right now, we’re obviously in a codename status. We just unveiled this thing about seven months ago at E3, so it’s an entirely new category of games and entertainment.

“We are still in codename status, and we haven’t shown any of the actual games. There’s a lot more to share.

“We’ll have more stuff at E3, more stuff at holiday — but a pretty good start to what we think will be our biggest year that we’ve ever had.”

Greenberg expects it to be in “millions of homes” this holiday season, so hopefully,  it will stay “Natal” because that’s what we have all grow accustomed to,

Also during the X10 event, Molyneux revealed that Fable III would not have as much Natal support as previously thought, as the game is more controller based, but still contains some Natal elements – although he would not elaborate on what exactly.

So, who knows what sorts of goodies we can expect from the controller upon release. Come on E3!

1. Johnny Cullen

From a gamers perspective, I can’t fucking wait for E3! :D

From a standpoint as a journalist, it can stay the fuck away for as long as possible. D: :(

2. Phoenixblight

haha Conflicted much? Its funny because most gamers dream of being at E3.

3. Paavi

Not everyone gets to go to E3. Following the news coming from E3 and writing like a madman can be exhausting. Especially the evenings with press briefings are superhectic.

4. Johnny Cullen

Not really a confliction.

E3, as great as it for a gamers perspective like I said, it really ages you and makes you a broken person.

Honestly, if you’re someone coming into the industry and becoming a journalist at E3, chances are you’ll quit afterwards.

Be wherever you’re doing it at home or on the showfloor in LA, you’ll be celebrating the back of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love E3 and I am looking forward to, but it really does knock the stuffing out of you as much as either GDC, gamescom and Tokyo Game Show combined.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@2 I honestly don’t think someone could pay me enough to attend E3. Granted, I would go if I was told I had to, but on my own free will? No way!

6. The Juice707

Oh, man. I feel like a dumb ass. Thanks for not showering me with remarks of “n00b” and worse, haha.

7. Gekidami

Greenberg isnt an analyst, he actually works for Microsoft.

8. Bulk Slash

Isn’t E3 90% queueing and 10% playing games? Or do journalists get fast tracked past all the game shop employees who somehow wangle tickets to the show?

9. Erthazus