Rumor: inFamous 2 dropping in 2010

Thursday, 11th February 2010 02:54 GMT By Nathan Grayson

infamous71

What’s that in the sky? Is it a bird? A plane?

Nope. It’s inFamous 2”s release date, which – to our knowledge – is up in the air. But a recent issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine may have narrowed it down a bit.

The Sony-centric rag listed inFamous 2 as a part of a feature which touted “the scoop on three hugely anticipated sequels slated for 2010.” After beating the magazine within an inch of its life and using something ethically questionable tongue-loosening methods, however, Joystiq was unable to discover the source of PTOM’s information.

Meanwhile, Sony barely even batted an eyelash, stamping this one with a “we do not comment on rumor or speculation,” as always.

Aw, come on, Sony! Can’t you throw us a bone? We really miss Cole McGrath or Nathan Hale or whoever he is.

1. Yoshi

Im pretty sure i said this before but you might as well say to Sony etc “Okey we know this game is coming out so how about you tell us some info.” Then if they give you the all “We dont comment on rumors.” You give them a “Fuck you becos this aint no rumor fool and you know it.” SIMPLE

2. RGW1982

1st Game Sucks, Why Make Another?

3. Telepathic.Geometry

Probably because the first game did not in fact suck. It sucked off, and that’s good.

4. RGW1982

That’s Still Sucking. ;)

5. Yoshi

And it sucker punched you lot straight to hell :)

6. RGW1982

Is That What Happened? I Was In Hell Just A Few Hours Ago.

Dante’s Inferno Was Fun. :)

7. Gekidami

The first one was really good once you ignored the repetitive side-missions.

8. DrDamn

I gave the first one a rental recently and was pleasantly surprised at how good it actually was. If they can do an Uncharted/Assassins Creed and make number 2 a lot better than number 1 it could be exceptional.

9. Petulant Radish

Brain Melting Reading Pots Of Jam

10. Len

Great news, Infamous was an excellent game which I think a lot of ppl missed out on. The music and sfx were fantastic as well…

11. onlineatron

I loved the first and It’s the kinda game I loved despite It’s flaws.

Whether I want a sequel so soon though is questionable; I do want to continue the story but I’d prefer Sucker Punch to really work on making it fantastic.

12. McLovin85

Loved Infamous. Story was awesome but as onlineatron said, i hope they take their time and make it an exceptional sequel. 2010 sounds a bit soon personally even if it’s an Xmas release.

13. Psychotext

I didn’t rate the first game… at all. That said, I’m no fan of sandbox games generally so I can’t really blame Infamous for being no more appealing.

14. The Hindle

Did you know that for the most of Infamouses development Sucker Punch had no idea what kind of game they were making and it still turned out pretty good.

15. AHA-Lambda

2011 please too amny games this year anyway.

I though infamous was decent albeit very repetitive in places but it did have a REALLY good ending tho :)

16. Moonwalker1982

LOVED the first one, i played through that game with lots of enjoyment, and i was like ‘WTF’ when the game ended, i never expected that, so awesome. Right there and then i wished i could have started with INfamous 2 already, haha.