APB will be PC-exclusive on release, says RealTime Worlds

Thursday, 11th February 2010 17:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

apb3

RealTime Worlds’ Dave Jones has explained why its upcoming MMO APB has been so long in the making.

“Everything we are doing is new: an online game with hundreds of vehicles and thousands of NPCs, all fully interactive; amazing customization of the player, their vehicles, their audio, real-time dynamic matchmaking; full support for trading of everything created by the players,” he told Play TM.

“The list is extensive. All of this takes time, but more importantly it takes time to do right.”

Jones also emphasized to the site that upon release, it will be a PC-exclusive at first before being released in console format.

The game is expected to be released during Q2 2011, per EA’s latest financial call to investors.

APB will also have music editing software implemented, so that you can create your own theme music.

1. Joe Anderson (wotta)

We got told at develop last year that it will eventually come to Xbox 360 and wait for it… PS3.

*Here is the link actually from last year

2. Goliath

Kind of lost interest in this one. I think Brink will do a better job of creating a persistent multiplayer experience that brings customization and bridges single and multiplayer experiences in much the same way as APB is expected to without an MMO model.

3. onlineatron

I’d assume the PS3 version isn’t ready… but the 360 game must be close to the end. Perhaps MS just need to pull their finger out and let an MMO on the 360 (bar FFxi).

Oh and Sony… HURRY UP AND RELEASE DCU AND AGENCY!

4. DJ Deathstar

Yeah my interest in APB has dwindled of late where as my interest in Brink has been a hell of a lot more

5. SunKing

More of this timed-exclusive marketing nonsense.

6. SwiftRanger

Last beta update showed some real positive signs. Didn’t think much of it in the first beta but if they can keep on improving it so fast then anything is possible.

7. RGW1982

@ 3

DCU & Marvel Universe MMO Both Need To Come Out!.. Although I Do Realise The Marvel Universe MMO Is Still Aways Off. :(

8. mortiferus

I guess RTW is still pissed at MS for handing development of Crackdown 2 to Ruffian.

9. Whizzo

I haven’t played a lot of APB in the beta but what I did I enjoyed a lot. I wouldn’t be too surprised if it never came out on console though.

10. Abstract Poster

In yer story that’s EA FY10 Q2 which translates to September at the latest. It’s slipped quite a bit from March and is a way away yet

Anyone played the beta?