Alan Wake Limited Collector’s Edition will run you $80

Thursday, 11th February 2010 19:02 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

alanwake2

A Limited Collector’s Edition for Alan Wake has popped up over on Best Buy and Walmart, and it looks like this version of the Xbox 360 title will run you around 80 clams.

The box itself is hardbound in linen, made to resemble a hardcover book and will include:

• Game Disc in box with unique art
  • Exclusive In-Game Audio Commentary and Hints by Remedy
  • “The Alan Wake Files” – a 144pg book that includes a short story written by Alan Wake and compiles the FBI dossiers investigating the events in Bright Falls, WA
  • Exclusive Audio Disc with Soundtrack and Score
  • Game Add-on token redeemable on Xbox LIVE for the first Alan Wake add-on content pack
  • Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE

See for yourself here and here (via AGB).

Back in January Remedy’s Mika Reini refused to confirm or deny the existence of a collector’s edition for the game during a Q&A. Looks like there is one though.

Alan Wake will be present at X10 tonight, so hopefully new information on it will be coming out of the event, if not some new assets.

0088537008528_500X500

1. Psychotext

That’s a top notch looking LE… but I wonder how much it’ll be for us Brits.

2. onlineatron

Seems almost worth it given the wait.

Box reminds me of a tv box set as well :D

3. Johnny Cullen

4. Gekidami

“Exclusive Xbox disc with special content: Alan Wake Xbox Live Theme and Alan Wake Avatar for Xbox LIVE”

Wait, so its a disc with nothing but a theme and avatar on it?

5. The Hindle

Id say JC wants this just a little bit, im hoping for a release date tonight at X10

6. Psychotext

Wait, so its a disc with nothing but a theme and avatar on it?

Probably not a disc, probably a cardboard slip.

7. The Hindle

A Microsoft Pr guy decribes this as Alan Wake is “the TV show Lost as written by Stephen King and filmed by David Lynch.

So what happens if you dont like Lost, cant stand Stephen King and think David Lynch is crap will people still like Alan Wake :)

8. Razor

Sleek box that.

9. onlineatron

As long as there are fever dream induced, backwards/forward talking, dwarves in it… I’m OK!

‘Look their filming midgets!’

10. AHA-Lambda

@1 – probably about £55

11. DJ Deathstar

This actually has a couple of pretty good things in for a CE compared to the normal crap

12. Psychotext

@AHA-Lambda: I reckon I could deal with that.

13. onlineatron

14. loki

very nice

15. The Juice707

I want it more

Luckily, there isn’t a person in the world who doesn’t like Lost, Stephen King, AND David Lynch. Haha.

16. odessa

or http://www.videogameszone.de/aid,704785/X10-Alan-Wake-Neuer-Trailer-zum-Psycho-Thriller-fuer-Xbox-360/News/

17. Johnny Cullen

No one wants more then I do.

That’s a guarntee, a promise and a fact

18. Psychotext

Oh baby… £40.99 and SOLD: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0037W6M28/

19. Whizzo

I’ve quickly shoved a pre-order in with Amazon as well, not too bad a price for such a nice package, as it were! ;-)

20. AHA-Lambda

WOW! that’s CHEAP!!

@ 15 – I like david lynch, stephen king but hate lost :P

21. Psychotext

Yeah, I ordered immediately. I just hope it’s actually that price and Amazon don’t play the “mistake” card that they’ve done so often recently.

22. AHA-Lambda

hey if u order now I don’t think they can change it right?

That’s how a lot of people I remember got the batman LE for £45 instead of £60

23. Whizzo

I don’t think it’s so cheap that this can’t be anything but Amazon drumming up some custom (it’s also covered by the pre-order guarantee as well), it’ll probably go up by a fiver after a couple of days.

24. Psychotext

hey if u order now I don’t think they can change it right?

No, they can’t change it other than saying that it was a mistake and cancelling it completely. I’m just paranoid about it because for what you get, £40.99 is a crazy good price.

25. AHA-Lambda

May 25th release date???

@24 – I doubt it like I said about the batman example plus I also personally got the uncharted 2 LE for cheaper than the normal edition and that was cleraly a mistake cos it was fixed a day later.