Demon Souls 2 (maybe) teased for fall release in Japan

Wednesday, 10th February 2010 07:57 GMT By Johnny Cullen

demon'ssouls

Japanese mag Dengeki has possibly teased in its latest podcast that Demon’s Souls 2 is on the way.

And it’ll be out this fall in Japan.

The title wasn’t exactly mentioned, but the podcast did say it was a game that released last year, and had some “interesting gameplay systems”.

The internet’s added two and two and come up with 451. And here we are.

The ridiculously hard RPG was released a year ago this month in Japan, with SCEJ doing publishing duties in the country. America got it near the end of last year with Persona developer Atlus releasing the title in the US.

So far, no-one’s picked it up for a European release, but we’re remaining hopeful for something.

Of course, you could just import from the US.

Thanks, 1UP.

1. onlineatron

Bonetown had some ‘interesting gameplay systems’

2. RGW1982

“Of course, you could just import from the US”.

Or You Could Also Just Import It From Asia (They Have One With Both English Audio & English Text) Just Like People In The North America Did Long Before The Game Was Released Here…

3. JesteR

The ridiculously hard RPG was released a year ago this month in Japan…..

Again its not that hard. Stop scaring people. Its a good RPG with a difficulty level that was normal like 15 years ago.

4. Patrick Garratt

I have played that game. It’s bloody hard.

5. Gekidami

Its not hard, you’re just a noob. :P

6. mington

i’m not finding it overly hard, i’m a soldier, i’ve heard its a lot easier if you play as a wizard or an archer or a pussy

it’s just irritating when you spend two hours running into a swamp and getting killed over and over by a guy with a bastard sword and get nothing to show for it….who am i kidding i loved every second

last time i turned it off i was actually fighting that guy in the picture, and he doesn’t move, so i’m gonna have to buy some arrows me thinks

i will definitely pick this up!

you’ve got a good soul, don’t let them take it from you

7. Patrick Garratt

I am, definitely, a n00b :(

8. mington

i think it’s just about picking your fights, and grinding a bit

when i first played it i thought i was mr hard core, i kept trying to do everything on the first level before leveling up or fighting the first boss, bad idea

in a way, it gets easier the more you play it, as you level up and find items, i just found a regain health ring in the swamp so i’m mint

although i’m completely miffed about which weapons to level up and how, i wish it would explain that better, do i go for a quality short spear? :/

9. Robo_1

I wonder why this has stayed away from Europe for so long. Surely the market for this type of game is big enough in Europe? Or is it a translation thing?

10. mington

i think everyone who seriously wants it has probably already got it

i really don’t think it’s for the average gamer

11. onlineatron

I haven’t got it but I want it…

Just I’m not sure I’m willing to drop 40 on a game that may fustrate me.

12. Len

It’s absolutely brilliant.

Most terrifying game I’ve played in a long long time. I have no fondness for rpg’s and it’s hooked me totally. Just have to take things slowly and call in help when you need it.

I really hope there is a follow up coming and it gets a worldwide release.

13. mington

get it you wont be disappointed!

i don’t find it particularly frustrating, as whenever you die its because of your own stupidity or that you’ve over stretched your means.

i find it very daunting at times, to the point where sometimes i actually don’t want to travel any further…then i realise how awesome that this game can make me feel that way and i get back on the horse

14. mington

i’ve played it for 26 hours i think, you can dip in and out of it at any time

i’ve only scraped the surface of…well everything in the game, weapons, tactics, dodging

i’m a bit to proud to get help, i haven’t done it yet, but some fucker did come into my game and killed me the other day

15. Psychotext

It’s best to get used to playing in soul form… not only to stop people invading you, but so that you don’t affect the world tendency when you die (making it even harder).

16. mington

see i don’t even understand that shit! :)

“… but so that you don’t affect the world tendency when you die ” i didn’t know that

what are the advantages of playing in human form, none apart from the extra health?

17. Psychotext

Pretty much just the health. Look at the wiki for info on world tendency:

18. Len

I know what you mean about it being daunting mington. And ‘cos of the incredibly creepy sfx, atmosphere and the fact you can only see about 5 ft in front of you in some areas it scares me rigid and actually freezes you to the spot as it were.

So many times I’m like, I really, really don’t want to go round that corner or so and so forth. Beautiful balance of risk and reward. Like I said terrifying but exhilarating at the same time.

I’ve sunk about 40hrs in and also feel like I’ve only just scratched the surface…

19. mington

i think i will, thanks :) i had a little look over that site before, but i felt like a cheater…but how else are you supposed to figure this stuff out, i’m gonna look up weapon leveling as well, don’t want to waste any of them precious souls

last time i played it i picked up a magic samurai sword, i think i may actually put away my trusty scimitar

20. Dannybuoy

It’s not a matter of hardness, sure it’s tricky to reprogramme your mind to not just treat it like your usual hack and slash game and go charging in. But it’s difficulty for me lay in the sheer amount of time I’d need to invest in it for me to really justify its ownership. I probably played it for about 6 hours in total but just couldn’t find enough time to play it. If you are married, a baby on the way, have a house that needs constant work doing to it and any kind of social life then its not the game for you. ;-) It did get under my skin and I still think back to it with fondness but i just knew that I’d never ever finish it. I have enough unfinished games hanging about as it is. So sold it for a profit mind.. as for Number 2… only if it had some generous checkpoints for time poor people like me… that surely defeats the point of the game so i think i’ll be saving my money…

21. The Hindle

Why they wont release it over here is beyond me as ive no idea about importing.

22. Psychotext

Probably best to grab a used copy at this point. I’ll be done with mine soon, just need another run for the platinum. ;)

23. Eregol

There’s not a problem with importing what so ever.
    If you get an Asian copy from Ebay make sure you buy from a Hong Kong seller to get English Audio and text.
    You can get a US copy from http://www.movietyme.com for £42.99. Nice and easy.

It probably wont be released in England as there wont be a big enough market for it to recoup the costs for releasing it here.

24. The Hindle

Cheers for the advice guys.

25. Johnny Cullen

Just dont import just before Christmas.

*shivers at memories of FFXIII*

26. mington

i got mine from

American version, the only difference is that the renamed weapons and stuff

not a grumble

the first time i ordered from them, if i were to important again i’d use them again, they have a pretty website :)

yeah fucking christmas! my demon souls took almost three weeks to come but i did order it on 18th dec (face palm)

27. JesteR

Just a tip. Try to get you hands of the official guide that was included in the Deluxe Edition. With that guide the game is 50% easier.

28. mington

Singularity PS3
    Expected release date / stock arrival: FEBRUARY 15, 2010

thats got to be a mistake right!?

29. Psychotext

What’s that? Never heard of it.

30. Dannybuoy

@ 21. Got mine from movietyme too. Got a good service and pretty quick delivery. http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=46260 . The reason they won’t release over here will be that they’d need to provide language translations for all major Euro languages… that would be very costly for such a niche game…

31. The Hindle

3d dot game heros is getting released over here and thats even more niche then Demon Souls.

32. mington

yeah it is a mistake, not coming out till june i think, its a time bending fps romp

33. Psychotext

I see. The trailer doesn’t inspire me with confidence. :)

34. Tallon 4

Got the LE seems very hard to find now…have a love and hate relation with the game. Wanted to sell the game a few weeks ago, but I just can’t let go.
    But I’ve fought Flamelurker maybe 50 times, but he kills me everytime just before I beat him…very annoying…but still great!

35. mington

seem as though the LE is pretty much sold out, but that demon soul wiki is really helpful (i’ve just spent easily a hour on it this morning) it’ll have all the same info

haven’t reached flamelurker yet, as that level 2.2 is all over the shitting place….oh, last time i was down there, i spent 10 minutes killing a giant glowing grub just to have him go nuclear on my ass :) that was a real face palm moment

36. Tallon 4

@ Mington: I had the same experience…considered myself as a quite capable gamer, but in this game you can’t make any mistakes….so I kept thinking..wtf..why can’t I beat this a**hole? I’m constant in fear…thinking:I’m toast, I’m gonna die. And that feeling makes this game a blast to play and really nervewrecking

37. Syrok

Psycho:

That would explain why I hardly ever get invaded. I’ve played through almost the whole game in soul form. :)

38. DrDamn

You can only summon other players when you yourself are alive – not in soul form.

39. Psychotext

True, but you can always use a stone to bring yourself back should you ever need to.

40. onlineatron

Anyone want to send me a copy of the game? :D

41. AHA-Lambda

I really want to play demon’s souls but I just know that I will be one of those people who find it TOO hard :(

doesn’t help it’s not been released in the uk either