BioShock has “many stories” that can be told, says 2K

Wednesday, 10th February 2010 17:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

bioshock2

BioShock 2′s Michael Kamper has said that due to the uniqueness of Rapture, there are “many stories” that 2K could tell within the game’s universe.

Kamper also revealed that he would like to see the brand expand into toys, collectibles, and the like.

“Rapture is probably one of the most unique places ever invented,” the audio lead told CVG. “I have to imagine that there are many stories that could be told within its walls.

“But right now we’re just focused on making a successful launch for BioShock 2.

“Personally I would love to see all of those things [toys, etc.] available but I can’t speak to future plans regarding any brand expansion. We have some pretty intense fans who I know would just devour all of that material and 2K’s dedication to quality would make sure that every product would be something worth spending your money on.”

BioShock 2 is out now worldwide, and reviews for it have been pretty positive for a sequel.

1. mington

meat bags

2. Jedi Mind Tricks

Key word there STORY!! But a Big Daddy would look pretty sweet on my desk…

3. Gekidami

I wouldnt mind having a decently made Big Daddy or Big Sister statuette on my desk, the art direction in the games is really good. The one that came with the first games CE on the otherhand looks pretty poor.

EDIT: Actually looking on E-bay i see that there already is a line of Bioshock 2 figurines going.

4. SunKing

In other words, there’s plenty there that they intend to milk further down the line. Hey, if they’re good sequels, that’s fine with me.

5. Psychotext

Prequel you bastages.

6. Alakratt

“many stories” = more milking

7. SplatteredHouse

@5: You want to play a game revolving around the construction of Rapture, or something? The B2 multi is a prequel.

8. SunKing

Make it a SimCity-style strategy game where you play as Andrew Ryan and you’re on, SplatteredHouse.

9. Psychotext

Construction and downfall. Like the awesome fanart that guy put out.

10. The Juice707

I am yet to play Bioshock 2, but I couldn’t imagine that the “stories” could ever top the original. I think it is better to quit while you are ahead, so if those future titles can’t make a better overall game, its probably best to stop before they dirty the name…

…but who knows? They could all be incredible!

11. onlineatron

Heavy Rain style game during the glory days of rapture would be awesome! :D

12. polygem

super mario does the plumbing work in rapture, cause big sisters fucked things up. he tries some plasmids as well, cause he thinks it´s just like power ups. then he mixes up the little sisters with princess peach, makes him mad, jumps every splicer on the head and becomes the new ruler of rapture. and then we´re all screwed.

13. AHA-Lambda

If its not a prequel or set outside of rapture then I don’t wanna hear it :|