Scribblenauts sells more than one million units worldwide

Wednesday, 3rd February 2010 16:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

scribblenauts

Warner Bros. has announced that Scribblenauts has sold over one million units worldwide on DS.

Released in September 2009 and selling 194K units during launch month, 5th Cell’s puzzler was also named one of the top 50 games of the year by Game Informer.

“We are extremely pleased with the sales of Scribblenauts and credit the game’s innovation and wide appeal in making it a hit with gamers of all skill levels,” said Warner president Martin Tremblay.

“Scribblenauts is one of our strong original brands, and we look forward to bringing consumers more quality gaming experiences as part of our portfolio game strategy.”

With such great sales, a sequel will probably be in the works if it isn’t already, and this might bode well for those wanting it on Wii. 5th Cell’s Marius Fahlbusch hinted that such a thing “could” happen back in November.

1. Blerk

Failure, then. Says “Mr Analyst”.

2. Anders

I’d doubt they’ll do a follow-up for Nintendo DS. The game sold on concept, not on execution, and I bet that most people who bought the game ended up being pretty disappointed.

3. Gekidami

The game was ok, it would have been 20 times better if you werent forced to control your character with the stylus though.

4. Bulk Slash

I found the controls really annoying too, the main character would often run off ledges halfway across the screen even though I’d only tapped a few pixels in front of him. Many of the items you could spawn didn’t work as you would expect either…

5. Michael O’Connor

The controls are fine as long as you use even a modicum of patience.

6. Gekidami

The controls felt like an enemy i had to fight all the time. Nearly every action other then running in a straight line was awkward to do, the character INSISTED on running further then i wanted him to, or he just refused to jump when he had to, or failed to jump up onto something for some reason making me force him to do a run up and ending up jumping completely over the object/area i wanted him to stand on.
    I can be patient with controls that are hard to master but in this case they’re just frustrating and broken.

7. Michael O’Connor

Never had a problem as look as I took my time making my decisions.

People only have problems when they try to break the game’s mechanics and try and make it do things that it can’t. Doesn’t make the core idea any less awesome.

8. The_Deleted

It was an amazing achievment. The controls did suck, but just fucking around was worth the asking price. Hopefully the sequel will be tightened up.