New Heavy Rain footage gets naked Madison

Tuesday, 2nd February 2010 06:55 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Heavy Rain 5

Another new Heavy Rain video’s popped up, this one showing Madison getting a shower.

Obviously, it’s NSFW, so watch at your own risk.

You see tits and ass, but that’s it we’re afraid.

You can get it below, thanks to AGB.

The video also shows some more of the apartment level seen yesterday.

The moody thriller’s introduction was also revealed last night.

It’s out on February 23 in the US and February 26 for the UK, with a demo released next Thursday.

1. revolting

The Daily Mail’s going to love it.

I had to laugh at the towel trying “rapidly move controller up and down” bit. Half the audience will already have been doing that with their other hand.

Also, bonus points for game characters who take the time to have a wee… always bothers me that most never have the time for it. Unhealthy, holding it in that long while you save the world.

Stopped watching half way through… the video started to delve into major plot point territory.

2. JonFE

It would make sense to “go” before taking a shower not after; it would keep you minty fresh…
    +1 to revolting’s towel comment as well…

Joking aside, I think this will be the very definition of a marmite game; you’ll either love it or hate it, no middle ground. Hopefully I’ll love it :)

3. Bulk Slash

Nice tits, shame about the face.

4. mington

….and the lesbian hair cut

SHUT THIS FORUM DOWN!!!!

5. Aimless

Much as I hate to disappoint by dragging things in a slightly more tasteful direction, Madison is based upon, and mo-capped by, a model by the name of Jacqui Ainsley. She’s a lot more attractive outside the Uncanny Valley, as you might expect; see also: Yvonne Strahovski in ME2.

6. mington

a model? i guess thats why the animations are so wooden!
    nah just joshing

7. Bulk Slash

Oh yeah, she does look a lot better fo’ real. I’ve no idea about Heavy Rain’s story but Madison always looks rather drawn, like she’s on drugs. I think it’s the skin tones they’ve picked for her.

I thought Strahovski was a pretty good likeness in ME2. But her character is a bit of a bitch. For some reason she won’t speak to me after I slept with half the female crew.

8. Zarckan

Oh my god, she didn’t even dry herself after she pee’d :O

9. Eregol

“Madison always looks rather drawn”

This is a potential spoiler by the way, but it’s extremely minor.

She suffers from insomnia. Hence the drawn look.

10. mington

keep that shit to yourself cowboy :p

11. tont

The camera angles are so creepy. You’re basically some hidden dude watching a woman piss.

12. pleasant_cabbage

No no. Not creepy at all. Watching her wash and whizz quite clearly supports the narrative and the emotional immersion of the player and is intrinsically linked to the setting and plot in an adult, complex fashion you see. Yes.

13. Aimless

It made me uncomfortable, so I suppose you could class that as immersion.

David Cage comes across as a bit of a sexual sadomasochist. He says how the nudity and such isn’t a big deal and is simply part of a mature experience, yet the camera always seems to linger for longer than it should and he’s made some fairly salacious comments during presentations. I wouldn’t be surprised if halfway through the game there’s a 30 second close up of Ethan Mars’ genitals, the slowly shaking head of a grimacing David Cage barely visible in the background.

14. MasterChiefFenix

dam, wut a hot bod.

15. NoxNoctisUmbra

I think this is the quickest shower that anyone had taken.. It was not even a full rinse

16. Moonwalker1982

Who the hell cares about The Daily Mail anyway, any of that is crap, it’s nothing but tabloid trash, why even bring it up?

I really don’t get this world sometimes..no wait, alotta times actually. It’s just a naked body, each and every one of us came onto this world like that, yet our society is so ridiculously hypocrit about that whole thing. So you see boobs and her butt…wow, big deal? sigh.

17. Bulk Slash

Controversy sells papers. I’m sure the Daily Mail’s article on Sony’s peeping tom simulator with water sports mini-game will bear little resemblance to the game itself, but it will sell a lot of papers. It doesn’t matter if it’s a fair representation of the game or not, as the people reading the Daily Mail have already made up their mind that video games, foreigners and homosexuals are all evil. The paper just panders to their prejudices.

18. OlderGamer

I guess I am going to be in the minority here. But I didn’t like it. And for a lot of reasons really.

I didn’t like the fact that often times your just watching. To me that isn’t what a game should be. I watch movies, I play video games.

I didn’t like the nudity, I feel that its too much and there for the wrong reasons. Like someone else said, the camera pans and lingers.

I do not like the QTE. I never liked it in my games. I can live with it here and there to keep you on your toes. But in the video I saw it was over used, imo. It ended up looking like a mini game of button sequences imbeded in a CGI movie.

During the last bit, I could help but think that the guys were trying to rape her. I don’t know the story or why they were there, but that is what my mind jumped to. Again maybe not what was intended.

The animation is bad. I understand that semi dazed look of confusion planted on her face, but the girls movements were not fluid and she looked robotic at times.

I think this game will apeal to those people that enjoy a bit of the vouristic panches. It will sell on its shock value. And it could keep some people glued to the screen to see whta happens next in an “I can’t believe that just hapened” type of thing.

100% not for me. I think that this is one of those types of games that pushes the bounderies and defenitions of gaming. This game smack of political amunition for the socialy minded leaders around the world. No way this game gets in to Germany or Ausi, and to be honest even Walmart in the US might have probs carrying it.

19. Dr.Ghettoblaster

That’s the problem with all these modern pre-game release videos. People form opinions without having even played the game yet, then they go into the actual game biased. Shame really developers let this shit happen.

20. Stephany Nunneley

It didn’t bother me too much. Nudity is just no big deal to me. What I could have done without is the sound of her going to the potty. Not really needed. Next up – number two splashes.

I bet I just killed the thread with that last bit.

21. Stephany Nunneley

….. yep. I sure did. Maybe I should have offered my thread-killing service to EA/BioWare and save ‘em some grief over that whole LGBT thing.

22. Moonwalker1982

I loved Fahrenheit and didn’t mean the QTEs, and this looks like a game you shouldn’t watch videos of and then judge. You have to try this one out for yourself.

I loved the story in Fahrenheit, is the story is great in Heavy Rain…i think it will be fine.

23. fear_itself

Man that looks like a 16bit point and click adventure with this gen graphics. In other words, boring.

If you’re going to present a game as ‘realistic’ and give people options to do everything why do you not have the option to pick a knife up after you’ve closed the fridge door? She’s standing in a fucking kitchen for god’s sake.

Bullshit QTE.

Oh, and why does her apartment have two toilet cubicles and three separate showers?