EA sees Modern Warfare 2 as a competitive goal for BFBC2, says DICE

Wednesday, 27th January 2010 15:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

bfbc2

DICE’s Patrick Bach has said that executives at EA see topping Modern Warfare “as a goal” for it to achieve with Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

“A lot of people ask us about Modern Warfare and they compare us to Modern Warfare, so when we answer questions about that it will sometimes sound like we are competing directly against them”, Bach told Gamerzines. “I think a lot of people on executive levels see that as a goal, that we will beat Modern Warfare.

“To me it’s not beating, it’s showing that you can do things differently and to a high quality while delivering both a single-player and multiplayer game.

“Please go ahead and compare us but please don’t see it as the same game because we’re not trying to be that game. We’re doing Battlefield things here, we’re trying to do the game that we want to do.”

DICE has said to expect a demo for it to land sometime in February, and earlier in the month it was rumored to be hitting consoles on February 4 and to be up for grabs for three weeks only.

The PC Beta starts on January 28 (tomorrow) and will run through February 25.

Last week, DICE released a video showcasing the single-player campaign for the shooter, and this week new shots for the title popped up over on PS3Clan.

Game’s out in March.

1. DarkElfa

…and if my grandmother had wheels, she’d be a wagon.

2. G1GAHURTZ

Wow! I think that’s probably the first non-confrontational, quote that I’ve seen from DICE.

I suppose that it also explains why, too.

3. DrDamn

I think the art department do too …

;-)

Just re-bought BC1 in prep for BC2. Looking forward to it. You can see some concessions towards MW2 in the extended game modes coming in BC2 – Squad Death Match for example. They are very different games overall though.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 OMG! Those images! :-)

5. reask

They are completely different games as BC is open world.
    I enjoyed the first one but would prefer the COD series to it.

Different folks different strokes I suppose.

6. endgame

reask is correct in that they ARE different. i don’t understand why ppl keep comparing them so often. the level of tactics that one team has to employ in order to win a game in bf is on a completely different scale than what they would in mw2. in mw2 going solo is a viable option, in bc2 it is not. come on ppl. do u know anything about these games other than they r, oh, idk, modern warfare shooters!?

7. polygem

@3 and 4: haha yes the covers look like…ok these games are absolutely identical except one is without vehicles and the other will have some…