God of War III Special Edition to skip UK, says SCEE

Tuesday, 26th January 2010 12:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

godofwariiia2

Know that Special Edition of God of War III revealed last night by a Swedish retailer?

Yeah, if you’re in the UK, start the tears: SCEE’s told VG247 it won’t be coming here.

Unlucky.

A rep told us that the company has decided to go for the Ultimate Trilogy Edition instead of the Special Edition.

“We’re not getting that version, we opted for the Ultimate Edition,” said the spokesperson

Which means that in the UK  you can get either the standard edition or the Ultimate Trilogy Edition – which will set you back £110.

Earlier, SCEE told us it has plans to sell the God of War Collection as a standalone title, although nothing’s been  confirmed outside of it being bundled with the Ultimate Trilogy Edition.

Yesterday, SCEE said it was aiming to release the hack-and-slash epic in the UK on March 19, although nothing’s official yet.

Confirmation of the date is due in a few weeks.

GameStop in the US has it down for March 19, but the only confirmed date thus far is March 25 in Japan.

A hardware bundle is also in the making.

1. Eregol

Johnny Johnny Johnny.

Shouldn’t that read
    “A rep told us the company had decided to go for the Ultimate Trilogy Edition ‘than’ have the SE.”

But on a more on topic note, what the hell are SCEE on? Not announcing a release date, not securing the God of War Collection soon enough, not securing a regular Special Edition for UK shores……..

Considering Europe is a good territory for Sony they do treat their consumers like shit.

2. Johnny Cullen

*follows protocol, blames Blerk for everything*

3. johnnywashngo

They are taking the mickey.

I will pick up this game… when the regular version hits the sales. Probably Christmas 2010 ;)

Seems like Sony want to rip off the UK even more than they already do :(

4. SplatteredHouse

Thanks, Johnny. Chances are I’ll import the SE, if that’s going to be their way. It even features superior, straight-out epic boxart!

5. AsILayDying

in my experence Sony Reps r full of crap

6. ReeceHeywood

This is taking the piss, why does Sony always screw us over.

7. Kaufer

@johnnywashngo

I think you should read the article again. UK will get the standard(thats regular for you) and ultimate edition.

8. zoopdeloop

All these are just ideas and speculations even within SCEE…nothing is confirmed 100% until a release date is confirmed…that’s where they’ll announce accurately what editions will be availiable and where

9. johnnywashngo

@kaufer

Aye, what my post meant to say was that they are taking the mickey by not offering the SE version and that, in protest, I will only buy the regular edition once it comes down to budget price.

To offer us the UE and not the SE is just mad. Especially given the cost of the UE.

10. Yoshi

Plain and simple… SCEE ARE SHIT! :(

11. Eregol

They’re almost as out of tune as the Labour Party.

12. Yoshi

Ohh dont tell me your for conservatives they’ll make us salute them every morning lol they’ll be Hitler 2

13. Eregol

I am for the Tories actually.
    Fed up with how Labour have turned Britain into a shithole.

12 years of everything wrong wrong wrong.
    Their only answers are to throw money at problems and to tax taxt tax.

It’s about ime someone else had a crack at the whip, and the Lib Dems definitely aren’t up to it.

Plus, you can’t accuse the Tories of being like Hitler, they didn’t sell our country to Europe after Churchill’s army died so we could be independent.

Anyway, this isn’t a place for politics.

14. Psychotext

No, it’s not.

(and I don’t know how long you’ve been around, but you’ll soon learn that they’re all as bad as each other… I assume you know what the lot before this lot were like? :P )

15. Eregol

Yeah I know.
    I am 28.
    But you cannot assume one generation will be like the next.
    Politics is unfortunately something that History will never make us learn from.
    But, we can’t carry on as it is. A change is needed.

16. Psychotext

All the ones I’ve seen so far have been the same… so I’m assuming that’s the way it’ll continue.

Old guys are bad, need change
    We’re new, we have bright ideas and big promises
    Short term gain!
    Oh shit, we didn’t really think our policies through
    Umm… trouble, it’s not working out
    Old guys are bad, need change

:D

17. MushroomStamp

I feel like i just stepped into some weird zone… Torries?? labour party?? I’m assuming this is some UK thing. Am I the only American around this site? I came here because its the best Gaming info site I found…

On the SCEE note.. UK market is considerably smaller than the US.. but I still think they should get whatever we get… why discriminate.

18. Eregol

You’re right. It is the best place.
    Granted, they can be a little slow on the uptake. But it’s a great place to be and a nice community.

We’ll stop talking Uk politics now so that you can join in. ;-)

19. Johnny Cullen

Take your shit over to the BBC, innit. ;)

20. Eregol

Can they spell without us having to correct their mistakes over there?
    :-p

21. Yoshi

So… anyone heard about the BBC move :P

@17 SCEE isnt just the UK market though its europe XD but i feel everyone should get the same its just pathetic to be perfectly honest =/

22. The_Deleted

On what day are we not getting the SE?