Sony chats about playing White Knight Chronicles online

Saturday, 23rd January 2010 22:45 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

whiteknightchronicles

Sony has posted a video over on the US PS Blog chatting about White Knight Chronicles’ multiplayer with US Producer Tsubasa Inaba.

Also called the International Edition, the game has loads of extra features, which we listed for you back in December.

The game’s out February 2.

Hit the break to watch the video.

1. NoxNoctisUmbra

I can’t wait for this game. Online looks really interesting.

2. onlineatron

Definitely something I’d pick up during a dry gaming season.

Mass Effect 2 and FFXIII will quench my RPG needs for a while and I think this comes out the same week as Heavy Rain so WKC will have to wait.

3. KAP

Haha.. This video by Jeff from the US Blog was released on the 19th Jan, yet when ever theres 360 news its posted up on the day if not the hour?! hmm loco.

Ive noticed this for a while but no one never really mentions it.

Not always mind but more often then not….

4. zoopdeloop

It’s very strong point is the online.Single player story mode is mediocre…nothing compared to “mature” stories SquareEnix loves to play around with

5. Herlock

KAP
    Yu have this one too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8h_BDzUQv4 :)

6. KAP

Mature? Square Enix?!

Not the SquareSoft i know and love anymore?
    There stories is as serious as there main characters.

Square (dare i say it) is falling off.
    FF7 – Truely Amazin
    FF8 – Great
    FF9 – Good
    FF10 – Meh
    FF10.2 – OMFG?!
    FF11 – they made an eleven?
    FF12 – *sigh*
    FF13 – Key word is…….. Linear as hell!

Fallen’ da fuck off… its a shame really.

7. Gekidami

Seems fairly interesting. Shame the combat isnt real-time though. If it wasnt for that this looks like it could have been as good as PSO in its day.

8. Michael O’Connor

The fact that you rated VIII about IX kills any serious point you were attempting to make.

Might I also point out that there are numbers before seven. Just in case you weren’t aware…

9. zoopdeloop

@6 Yeah more mature than most JRPG’s and even more than “power ranger transformation and save princess Peach”story which Japanese teenagers love and WKC is all about

10. Galactic_Barret

Story-wise, I would personally rate VIII > IX. Mechanic-wise, IX is better, but I’ll take Laguna’s story (the only decent part of that game, besides Lionheart and that awesome card game) over the really weird last quarter of IX. Airships with an eye? Soulless tail-aliens? I’m not saying VIII is any better (GFs steal your memories? Really?), but IX didn’t have a ‘down-to-earth’ bit to partially redeem itself.

11. KAP

@8 trust me, im fully aware of the fact theres FF games b4 7. of course not lol. but the point is i came in to the series at FF7, (thank GOD) and before that i was a shingforce fan (completed every one) so my opinion isnt willy nilly or the type to follow whateva anyone else has said.
    I’ve played all the old skool RPGs from shiningforce to xenogears from Parasite EVE to Shenmue.
    So the fact i prefered final fantasy 7 above 9 isnt that hard to believe when in actual fact FF7 shot the series into stella popularity. It was ground breaking. I wont say i didnt like FF9 but i didnt enjoy it as much as anyother series with its dreadful main character and world map.
    Even tho i played 9 to death (and even beat ozmo, the super hard shpare-like boss) i didnt get as emotional as i did playing FF7, FF9 was not as nearly well received.
    FF7 was for me a game i’d never forget, even after playing all these Fallouts and WKCs and the rest.

12. Galactic_Barret

Not 7, dude. Michael is talking 8. Of course 7 is (subjectively) better than 9.

Since we’re talking mature JRPGs, lets talk about how and why the genre hasn’t matured with the rest of us. My main (only) gripes are how long it takes for the love interests to actually admit they love each other and painfully long death monologues, especially the latter.