NOA files trademark for Luigi’s Mansion with US Patent Office

Wednesday, 20th January 2010 21:29 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

luigismansion

Nintendo has filed a trademark for Luigi’s Mansion with the US Patent Office.

Dug up by superannuation, the application was filed on January 15 and that’s about all there is to it.

No mention is made whether the title is a port for WiiWare, or a an entirely new release for WIi or any version of DS.

Still, the possibility of a remake or sequel to the 2001 GameCube title could be exciting providing the length is loads longer than the original.

We’ll send off a mail to NOA and hopefully someone will respond soon.

1. Patrick Garratt

Heh. Awesome.

2. Stephany Nunneley

Lugi’s mansion rocked. It was just too darn short. I might dig it out this weekend.

3. Mr Tom

Sucks!

(See what I did there?)

4. Aimless

I’m guessing this’ll be one of those New Play Control GameCube ports, like Pikmin, its sequel, and Mario Power Tennis.

5. Psychotext

Maaaaaarrrriiiiioooooooooooooo

/humps chest of drawers

ohhyea

6. Gekidami

I agree with Aimless, it’s-a port!

7. Anders

Hardcore Wii-gamers, rejoice.

8. Gekidami

Neither did i. Could be worth a look.
    Though again this is just Nintendo trying to bolster their weak line-up by porting old games which far as i know, other then some control differences are exactly the same.

9. Michael O’Connor

“…the 1991 GameCube title…”

1991? O.o

Anyway, a Luigi’s Mansion sequel would be awesome. That game was mint.

“I actually never played Luigi’s Mansion on the GC. This is an opportunity as good as any, I suppose.”

You know GameCube games work on the Wii, right?

10. Patrick Garratt

It’s well worth playing. It’s dead short. It’s a really lovely game. Very cute.

11. Stephany Nunneley

@Michael – ;p fixed. I can’t even get my own birthday right. :-D

12. Johnny Cullen

If you can’t remember your own birthday, that’s a very big concern. :D

As for Luigi’s Mansion, I tried it when the GameCube came out. It was decent.

If it is one of them Wiimakes Aimless is on about, I just consider buying it.

13. Bulk Slash

I think this would be quite well suited to a “New Play Control” conversion. I don’t remember it being particularly short, but I was playing the Japanese version so I probably spent most of the time wandering aimlessly trying to work out what to do next.

You’d think Nintendo would convert Wind Waker to the Wii-mote first, things like the baton for controlling the weather would be perfect for the remote.

14. JonFE

I remember enjoying Luigi’s Mansion with my son – we never managed to beat the last boss, but it was fun nevertheless.

To be honest, I’d prefer if this relates to a sequel than a Wii port of the original. The Wiimote seems suitable for the hoover and flashlight control, but, since I still own the GameCube original, I won’t be in a hurry to get the port only for that…