New Brink movie shows character customisation

Monday, 18th January 2010 09:45 GMT By Patrick Garratt

brink5

Bethesda just dropped a new Brink movie through the post, showing off the highly promising shooter’s character customisation options. Watch it below.

Watch it below.

The footage features game director Paul Wedgwood showing off equipment styles for both the Resistance and Security forces, as well as demoing various body-types, facial looks and overlays.

Prison tats and Elastoplast are de rigueur in the Ark, clearly.

The Ark is a future floating city on the verge of civil war. The game itself is an FPS featuring single-player, co-op, and multiplayer, allowing for myriad combat roles.

You’ll get dynamic battlefields, customization and a free-running control system that’s more akin to Mirror’s Edge than Quake.

We saw this at the EG Expo last year and were completely knocked out. Pay very close attention. You can see the first gameplay trailer here.

It’s out for PC, 360 and PS3 this autumn. Get more info here.

1. KAP

I absolutely LOVE the art style to this game… completely shits on anyother FPS character models.

2. Patrick Garratt

I’m with you, buddy. It’s proper stand-out to me. I will be involved.

3. mington

The style reminds me of timespliters

4. Herlock

I love this game \o/

5. abbe

The most important question for me is: Will it be on Steam?
    Then I will start considering it. :)

Its quite likely though, all bigger and better games usually end up there.

6. Blerk

It certainly looks fantastic. I remain less convinced about the actual game.

7. polygem

when i saw the first gamplay vids of this game i instantly loved it without questioning it. that doesn´t happen too often, cause i´m pretty picky with the games i play – don´t want to waste my time on a shitty game. the charakter models are really cool…i will go for the skinny guy i think – harder to hit hehe. i´d love some cloured old skool tats, just like mine…really can´t wait to play a shooter with a different setting than all these marines, rangers stuff i love shooters but i´m really getting tired of the boring artdesign/setting most of them offer. i also liked borderlands for being different, but there was no competitive multiplayer really (besides arenas)…ok blabla…can´t wait for brink…

8. DJ Deathstar

Art style makes me think of Timesplitter by way of Borderlands with a hint of Team Fortress 2 lol, i’m looking forward to it though! Speaking of Team Fortress 2 has anyone seen the trailer for the xbla game Monday Night Combat looks like a sort of futuristic third person TF2 but looks awesome too!

9. polygem

No, deathstar havent seen yet. But sounds awesome indeed. Got a link?…wtf… Ill just google it now. Cheers…

10. DJ Deathstar

@polygem

There’s a link if you need it at all