God of War III Gaia level screens shit the bed

Monday, 18th January 2010 17:12 GMT By Johnny Cullen

godofwar36

SCEE has lifted the lid off of an embargo for God of War III, which means previews and impressions are free to go live.

It also released some new shots of the Greek actioner. Get them after the break.

Shots show Kratos scaling the titan Gaia, with the screens covered in vegetation. It’s epic shit. We would have been quicker with these but the original images were over 10,000 pixels wide.

Game releases on March 26 in Japan.

No date yet for the US or Europe, but a UK date is due “in the next few weeks”, SCEE told us last week.

Whenever it does release, and if you’re going for the Ultimate Trillogy Edition, it’ll set you back £110.

Miss this at your own peril.

1. KAP

Ooooooooooo…

And, it begins!

2. Eregol

Holy motherfuck

3. Gheritt White

OMFUG

4. KAP

“motherfuck indeed!!!

I cant waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait!!!

i can just imagin all those xbots throwing their 360s out the window while mumbbling “oh fuck it”

5. Patrick Garratt

The original images blue-screened my PC. They were *that* awesome.

6. Patrick Garratt

And huge.

7. Hunam

Even I admit that’s looks good. Still my point about tiny Kratos still stands.

8. Dannybuoy

The words ‘epic’ and ‘shit yeah’ spring to mind

9. Petulant Radish

I must be in the minority with these games, I just can’t get into hack and slash games, they do nowt for me.

10. Razor

Shiiiiiiite

11. McLovin85

It looks like they have taken some inspiration from Shadow of the Colossus and then cranked it up to 11, Kratos style!!
    Looks fucking incredible, i just can’t wait any longer.

12. Bleak Harvest

I’m going to have to buy a years supply of Kleenex for my time playing this game… aren’t I?

13. Gheritt White

@ KAP: Horses for courses, innit. I’d imagine the same could be said for PS3 owners and Mass Effect 2 (assuming EA don’t eventually bring it to PS3).

As for me, this is the *only* PS3 title I lust after, so I’m not forking out +/- £300 just for the chance to play it at home.

EDIT: Seems a bit funny to validate your own console purchase decision by hoping others regret theirs…

14. Hunam

I bet gaia has some giant enemy crabs for Kratos to beat.

15. Patrick Garratt

I’ve just had another look at these. I can’t think of a single reason why I wouldn’t buy it day one. Just mental.

16. Gekidami

Preview from IGN UK: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1061530p1.html

17. Gheritt White

@ Pat: ‘cos you’ll get given it for free, innit.

18. Patrick Garratt

@GW – I fucking hope so. But I might still buy a retail copy, tbh.

@Geki – Ta. We’ve started a round-up. I get a feeling there may be some staggered shit going on, though. Only IGN and GR have gone live.

19. KAP

@Gheritt White
    M8 i know that needed alot of guts to have to comment what you did alone. specially comin from a 360 owner. I can see these screen shots has did its job then. Well. lol

Anyway i found a blow by blow of the new trailer here: http://www.gamesradar.com/f/latest-god-of-war-3-video-emerges/a-201001181530241032

Very good read.

Why dont you take a look Gherrit, you never know, you might find even more reason NOT to own a PS3…

You can put that 360 down and move away from the window too while your at it.

20. Bleak Harvest

Ugh, I’ll wait until someone other than IGN posts impressions.

21. KAP

I just read the IGN “quick hit” of GOW3 and its funny how after them seeing such an amazing set piece from the game how they find things wrong with it?!

Their Great…

And when i say great i mean dicks!

22. Psychotext

You know that something can be awesome and still have flaws right Kap?

23. onlineatron

NEED… TO… SEE… TRAILER

The screens look epic and all but given their static nature it’s impossible not to pick out faults (flat plant textures etc)… but in motion i’m sure it looks f’in amazing!

24. KAP

Granted. But still. flippin hell man talk about seeing it for what it is.. An amazing ‘generous’ first look of a trailer we wont see until a week or 2.

Its like saying, well mass effect 2′s new trailer looks incredible BUT it looks too similar to the first?!

Anyone that have said something like that clearly have missed something right?! like there vain on their wrist.

25. onlineatron

Also two things

1) Nick Chester has posted Destructoid’s impressions http://www.destructoid.com/god-of-war-3-s-titan-gameplay-drops-jaws-160842.phtml

2) This should have been the E3 gameplay!

26. Patrick Garratt

Ta.

27. KAP

Good read. Thanx

28. Len

Admittedly it looks amazing but I’m with Petulant. I tried playing the first one and it just made my hand want to fall off after half an hour (think I got about 1/3 off the way through) as you have to constantly hammer the controls to do all the enemies in.

Just not really my c of t which I’m a bit gutted about…

29. The Hindle

Does it spoil anything guys?

30. Syrok

Every picture of a game you are going to buy will spoil it a little bit for you.

31. Gekidami

Do the previews spoil anything? Not really. It tells you what a mini-boss looks like and a location but if you’ve just seen those shots up there you already know.

32. sg1974

I cant see whats so special about these screens. Doesn’t look any better than many other seven gen games and nowhere as good as the Uncharted 2 screens Ive seen.

33. Psychotext

It’s the whole scale thing which is blowing people away. It should come as no surprise that people love huge enemies and massive environments.

34. Blerk

Looking suitably awesome, as expected.

/ticks box