Nolan North: “I’m getting paid to do what I used to get detention for”

Friday, 15th January 2010 11:54 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Uncharted 2

Everyone’s heard of Nolan North by now, surely? He’s in every game ever made these days.

Speaking with GamePro, the voice actor said he is “getting paid” to do the things that got him “detention.”

Naughty boy.

“Basically I’m getting paid to do what I used to get detention for in seventh grade,” said North.

“I’m humbled by all this. I feel blessed.”

North moved into voice-acting after his acting career wasn’t going anywhere.

But now, mostly down to the success of Uncharted, he says he is most certainly enjoying the perks of the job.

“I feel terrible for Brad Pitt. The anonymity of voice over is one the biggest advantages of the job. You make a great living, support your family, and nobody’s going to bother you.”

Keep going, sir! We salute you. Now, get onto Uncharted 3.

North’s next game is Dark Void, which releases next week.

1. Syrok

What games is he in aside from Uncharted and Dark Void?

2. vincentw00t

Pretty much all of them. Hope that helps.

3. Vodos

It’s a rather extensive list:

4. Pysk

Army of Two 2, Shadow Complex, Assassin’s Creed, Halo 3: ODST,…

5. Audio Radar

From the GamePro article:
    “His first game, was voicing the role of Hinkley for Interstate ’82, a Twisted Metal-like car combat game released in 1999 for the PC, published by Activision.”

Then: Halo, God of War, Call of Duty 2, Ratchet and Clank, Unreal Tournament 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Dragon Age: Origins, InFAMOUS, Prince of Persia, MadWorld, Assassin’s Creed 2, and hundreds more.

6. Johnny Cullen

The only other big game he is known for, other then Uncharted, is Assassin’s Creed as Desmond Miles.

7. Eregol

Sigmund in R&C: A Crack in Time was the most surprising one for me with regards to Nolan.

8. mington

wow he’s busy, does he do accents/voices or does he just do the same voice

i think a career change could be on the cards, i can speak! (with a slight slur admittedly)

9. Moonwalker1982

It’s as if there ain’t any other suitable voice actors for these games, weird. But good for him though.

10. Gekidami

He was the voice of Hades in God Of War (Hades never spoke in GoW2) wonder if he’ll voice him in the 3rd game?

11. Doc Robotnik

All I want to know is HOW I can get into that line of work. Voice acting would be awesome fun.

12. pha1r

Wow.
    He only got detention for murdering thousands of people while making wisecracks.
    Wish my school was like that.:p