Splinter Cell: Conviction delayed to “add more polish”, says Ubisoft

Thursday, 14th January 2010 15:14 GMT By Johnny Cullen

splintercellconviction7

Ubisoft has told Eurogamer Splinter Cell: Conviction was delayed last night was to “add more polish”.

“The game looks brilliant, but we want it to be awesome,” said a rep from the company.

Conviction was down for an confirmed date of February 26, but Ubisoft pulled the date from the game, now pegging it for April.

A specific date wasn’t forthcoming from the company last night.

Ubi has been steadily ramping up the title’s presence this year, having confirmed split-screen co-op and the game’s Deniable Ops co-op mode already in January.

And don’t forget the Collector’s Edition: it’s got a Sam statue.

1. The Hindle

The game was looking superb as it is, didnt need any more polish

2. Doc Robotnik

“The game looks brilliant, but we want it to be awesome,”

Dude needs a better thesaurus – there’s no hierarchical order to those two adjectives.

3. No_PUDding

Add more Polish? I have heard they are good workers.

4. The Hindle

Yep you cant beat the poles lol get them to do the game would be done in half the time

5. No_PUDding

But you’ve clearly misinterpretted this headline, Hindle!

They clearly want more Polish people/places in the fiction, not Polish developers.

HOW DROLE!

6. Alakratt

I could swear they said the EXACT same thing the last time they delayed it.

7. Gheritt White

Again with the crummy localisations causing delays. Vot iz zis?

8. reask

^yeah a lot of delays on this alright.

9. The Hindle

Lol Pud i meant polish as in more work not the country.

10. No_PUDding

I am absolutely certain he did not mean that.

These PR men need to be careful with synonyms. It gets ‘thickos’ like yourself really confused.

11. The Hindle

So the game needs more polish people to make it, he was on about more time and more tweaking pud

12. onlineatron

Nope… We all know the best games need more Poles.

13. The Hindle

Lol this has lost me now

14. No_PUDding

I quit while I was ahead.

15. Gekidami

“More polish” = Pushed back by publisher because they no longer think it would be a good idea to release it on the old release date.

16. AHA-Lambda

“Incidentally, I think they’re just moving it into a nice empty slot, rather than face-off against Bioshock 2 et al.”

This. I mean it was releasing on the same day as heavy rain aswell :|

17. Moonwalker1982

Watch the co-op movies of the game, and notice the heavy framedrops at a certain point. I bet they are polishing that stuff.

18. onlineatron

True, but developers/publishers are getting ridiculous.

If a big hitter like Splinter Cell feels the need to move then tons of smaller games are going to move as well and then we’ll just end up with a clogged up Spring/Summer period.

Capcom have already delayed a bunch of their titles.

19. DJ Deathstar

@Alakratt

Yep they defo said that about it when it got delayed to February

20. reask

All I hope now is that the game will be half as good as the hype.
    BIA hells highway had big things going for it early on but then got delayed a few times.
    When it eventually hit the shelves it was a major disappointment.

Alan Wake seems to be having the same problems as well.
    I just don’t think the release date for a game like this would ever be an issue as it has the name.
    Also it is only on the one console so PS3 games should not really effect the sales anyway.

I am probably way off the mark on this one but I don’t really like last minute delays as they can mean other things imo.

21. zoopdeloop

Splinter Cell all over again heh?I never really liked the series.It’s like western Metal Gear solid series rip off.
    i hate it when Western developers copy the eastern and the other way around