Splinter Cell: Conviction delayed into April

Wednesday, 13th January 2010 17:31 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

splintercellconviction6

Ubisoft has announced that Splinter Cell: Conviction will be delayed into April.

Revealed in a press release citing its sales targets for third-quarter and full-year 2009-10, R.U.S.E has also been pushed into the 2010-11 fiscal year.

Splinter Cell: Conviction’s now expected to hit the stores in April 2010, although an exact date was not forthcoming.

It was originally scheduled for a February 2010 release.

We’ll post more information as it is obtained, so stick close by us.

1. Johnny Cullen

RAAAAAAGE! >:(

2. Eon

Ah, this is good news in my opinion. Didn’t buy a single game (other than ODST) last year but this year I have alot on my wishlist. AvP, Mass Effect 2, SC: Conviction and Bad Company 2 all of which were set to release within less than 2 months of each other. This makes the decision to buy AvP first alot easier.

3. Gheritt White

I’m in the same boat – a delay to April is very helpful indeed.

4. Psychotext

2nd delay for this game… 2nd time I’ve been pissed off today because of delays.

5. RomaTotti10

Ubisofts stock price has been falling a lot the last few days. I guess this is the reason. Somebody knew something and sold their stocks.

6. AHA-Lambda

@4 It’s been MUCH more than 2 :(

Although yeah a delay to april aint that bad cos february and march are just WAY TOO CROWDED :O

February alone I’m getting heavy rain, avp, bioshock 2 (and depending on reviews I might get dante’s inferno at some point too). Yep my wallet hates me so much :)

7. Hunam

This is great :P Game looks ropey in single player, they delay it. Add a nice co-op mode, people say it looks ropey so they delay it again.

Chances of us playing this game 35% :P

8. Mike

Who said it looks ropey? Looks fucking great, to me: both the SP and MP.

9. Yoshi

Most likely to fix a few little bugs, i saw a video preview with a dude doing a walkthrough and there was a bug while he was doin it. Luckily he didnt seem stupid and pretend it never happened :) he actually pointed it out and said somethin like ‘oopps (whatever he named the bug) we’ll be fixin that’ or somethin similar :)

10. joshua nash

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT,this is a every sad moment for me, cause this game was going to a B-day gift to myself, excuse me while i go cry in the corner

11. onlineatron

THANK GOD!

I was worried about spending £80 on both this and Heavy Rain on the same day… now I don’t have to worry (and may even be able to spring for FFXIII) =D.

12. MaestroBrian

Agree to disagree…mixed feelings for me!
    Thanks for the update guys…bookmarked and posted on my blog ;-) http://www.maestrogaming-brian.com/splinter-cell-conviction-rain-delay/

13. Blerk

They’ve obviously delayed it so that they can still coincide with GT5. :-D

14. Dralen

I’m also glad this happened since i’m planning on getting Mass Effect 2, Bad Company 2, and FFXIII.

15. Moonwalker1982

Anyone who saw the latest gameplay videos, must have noticed the horrible framerate during a few parts, i hope they will fix these now, they’ll have the time for it. And maybe a VS mode after all?

16. hzcy

Any member of your group can post to your trip blog. This is a great way to share information with your team and your
    supporters.power strip |booster cable |