EVE Online has hit a new peak concurrent user with 56,021 pilots online in New Eden, which smashed last week’s record of 54,446 pilots online.
These huge number may force CCP to raise the limit on the number of players that can be in the Jita trade hub at the same time, according to Massively.
“We have been increasing the limit in the last few weeks and it looks like there might possibly be room for more in Jita,” stated game director Erlendur Thorsteinsson after 1400 players filed into Jita, pushing it to the brink.
To give you an idea of how much EVE has grown over the past couple years, here are previous records of online pilots:
- 56,021 pilots online Jan 10, 2010
- 54,446 pilots online Jan 3, 2010
- 54,181 pilots online Dec 6, 2009
- 53,850 pilots online Mar 15, 2009
- 51,675 pilots online Feb 8, 2009
- 48,065 pilots online Jan 18, 2009
- 47,207 pilots online Jan 11, 2009
- 45,186 pilots online Jan 4, 2009
- 43,697 pilots online De 21, 2008
- 42,711 pilots online Mar 9, 2008
Steam previously had the MMO on sale for $5, so the surge in numbers could possibly be attributed to that, however, people seems to really like their EVE, despite the cowboy antics of fellow players in the past.