Rumors: GoWIII getting custom PS3, Resistance 3 announce at E3

Saturday, 9th January 2010 22:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

gowIII

PlayStation: The Official Magazine hints around in the January issue that God of War III will launch with its own custom PS3 and the mag says its “90 percent sure” that it’s gonna happen.

While that sounds great and all, PTOM’s not finished handing out the rumor candy just yet.

In addition to that luscious rumor, GameThrist reports that the mag also states that Killzone 3, Infamous 2 and Resistance 3 to be announced during this year’s E3, adding that none will out until 2011.

As if all that wasn’t enough, it also believes that there’s an 85 percent chance Metal Gear: Rising will be made available this coming Christmas.

Our copy has yet to arrive in the mail, thanks in part to slow service and truck loads of snow, but when it does we will update this post with a confirmation of the article in question.

1. Johnny Cullen

Out of the lot, the GOWIII bundle is the more plausable.

While there will most likely be an Resistance 3 reveal this year, no chance will it be at E3. Earlier actually, at GDC, as Insomniac tends to reveal their games there.

inFamous 2 and Killzone 3… hmm. Toughies. Out of the two, Killzone 3 is the money maker, as I’d reckon if there would be an announcement, it would be at E3.

As for inFamous 2… maybe at the end of the year, but not before it anyways.

Finally as for Rising being out in time for Christmas. It will be… when I invent a time machine, go into 2011 when it does release, come back to 2010 in it and stock about a fuckload of copies to retailers.

Because that is how unlikely it will be out in 2010. No chance. It will be at E3, surely. But it won’t be out in 2010.

Not in the year Peace Walker releases anyways. I’d be certain Konami and Kojima doesn’t want Rising to overshadow Peace Walker.

2. Razor

Custom GoWIII PS3 was pretty inevitable…I’d be surprised if it didn’t happen.

3. The_Deleted

Oh crap…I thought the CE was going to be expensive…

4. Stephany Nunneley

/takes swami hat off Pachter’s head and hands it to Cullen :-D

5. Razor

I had to wiki Swami…and I did Hinduism at school :|

6. Withnail

Infamous 2 at E3 seems like a safe bet. Since E3 is SCEA’s gig I think Killzone 3 is more likely to be revealed at Gamescom. No idea about Resistance 3, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was released this year actually, though maybe Insomniac have decided to take their time with it.

7. Stephany Nunneley

@6 – It’s typed so many ways in so many different outlets I have no idea anymore. I THOUGHT omitting “Soild” was correct, but I second guessed myself.

Took it out.

8. The Hindle

I thought Resistance 2 was a flop im amazed were getting another game. No way its out this year as a poster was leaked for a movie thats out in 2011.

Plus Resistance 2 was first revealed in Gameinformer not GDC i think.

id say Infamous 2 reveal = VGas for next year. GDC is around March i think or maybe Feb so i doubt Sony would announce anything then as they wouldnt want to take the spotlight off GOW 3 and Heavy Rain

A guess from me would be KZ 3 – winter 2010
    Resistance 3 – February or March 2011

9. Johnny Cullen

Withnail – Na, Killzone 3 is too big for GamesCom.

Then again, so was Fable III, and that got announced in Cologne last year.

That said, na. Like I said, KZ is too big of a franchise for GamesCom. E3 is the biggest stage of the lot.

If there was a big reveal out of all of the three at GamesCom, then maybe inFamous 2.

But Killzone 3 at E3, Resistance 3 at GDC and inFamous 2 soon after them, anytime between GamesCom and the VGAs.

10. The Hindle

Didnt Yosihida say we would be hearing from Sonys Japanese studios this year plus Studio Cambridge

11. Johnny Cullen

Well, GT5 is releasing this year from Polyphony and The Last Guardian from Team ICO, but other then that, no-one has heard a peep of other SCEJ studios since, from the top of my head anyways.

I’d like to think Shawn Laydon (head of SCEJ) has something planned with his studios.

As for Studio Cambridge… that’s an even bigger call to make, because there is no clue what they’re making.

I’d like to know if Studio London are doing something to the hardcore audience other then SingStar and Eyepet. Hopefully a Getaway 3/Eight Days revival, or a new IP.

12. The Hindle

Yea from what i gathered, SCEJ have been focused on the Psp and in the interview i read Yoshida has told them to focus on the Ps3 something like that.

13. Panipal2005

Aren’t Insomniac working on a new IP? Perhaps even for late 2010?

14. Gekidami

Insomniac bought a new studio thats working on a new IP.

15. NiceFellow

I don’t think so. It wasn’t some mega hit, but from quotes in releases it looks like it sold more than 1.5 Million, and remember Insomniac aren’t producing games at a slow pace with lots of effort, they get out 1 title a year and clearly at less cost than your standard title with 2 plus years of extended effort.

R2 was surely profitable and therefore I expect R3, plus from the reviews/general opinion they must have a pretty good idea of the elements the Resistance fans didn’t like in R2 (namely making it too much like CoD) so I suspect R3 will see some tweaks accordingly.

@13 – I believe Insomniac expanded their size, opening a new office, and that the focus of the new site was to be a new IP while the current team concluded R&C and – if this rumour is correct – R3.

16. The Hindle

@ 15

Good point, I think we can expect two new ips from Insomniac, one from the Burbank studio thats been opened recently and one from the R&C team as i think Ratchet has been put on a hiatus or ended altogether.

17. AHA-Lambda

I never understood the hate around R2. I liked it pretty much on equal measure to the first but oh well.

I can see most of this being true except metal gear rising. I HIGHLY doubt that is a xmas title

18. The_Deleted

I thought the Resistance games were great. Certainly more interesting to play than you know what.

19. Psychotext

I enjoyed Resistance 1 (though it had some flaws)… Resistance 2, not so much.

20. No_PUDding

With Psychotext.

Well probabaly a bit more extreme on both counts.

@Cullen, Cambridge; you can bet your face, are working on motion control games. One of the many announced at TGS.

21. No_PUDding

And you’d also have to assume some SCEJ studios are working on Ape Escape – since that was on the list.

22. The Hindle

There is also Ready at Dawn to consider, Evolution studios, Sony Liverpool, Media molecule, Sony Bend have been silent for a while as well. All of these are bound to be working on something.

23. KiiD

I cant wait KILLZONE 3, inFAMOUS2, and RESISTANCE 3 I’ll be getting all three day one 3 more Exclusive A+ Titles