Alienware’s 11-inch M11x to cost under $1,000

Friday, 8th January 2010 11:42 GMT By Patrick Garratt

m11x

Alienware announced an 11-inch gaming notebook at CES this week, dubbing it “most powerful 11-inch gaming laptop in the universe.”

The M11x supports 720p and will retail for less than $1,000.

According to Gizmodo, here’s what you’ll get:

• 6.5 hours of battery life (battery mode)
  • 2 hours of “intense gaming”
  • A faster NVIDIA GPU, which you can switch to in seconds and which doesn’t require a restart or logging out
  • Video out via DisplayPort, HDMI, and VGA
  • 3D mark scores in 6-7k range
  • 50FPS Crysis, 30FPS Call of Duty on High Settings
  • Under $1000, later this year

1. blackdreamhunk

steam + laptop is perfect for traveling good to see them laptops come down in price. It’s about time they were good for hardcore gaming too.

Now only if laptops could up grade like desktops.

2. Len

I’d be interested to see what gfx card they’ve stuck in it.

Speccing up a new ‘puter for myself at the mo and I’d forgotten what a ‘mare it is. You end up playing the, if I wait a few more weeks I can get x ‘game’. Just gotta bite the bullet and buy the bloody bits.

Looking fwd to playing all those Steam bargains on it. :)

3. OlderGamer

Seems too good to be true. I love the portability of a laptop but man what a hit you take on gaming power. I will stick with my new desktop.

And lets face it, 1000usd still ain’t cheap.

4. Gekidami

1000$ is about 700€. Thats round the averge price for a portable.

5. DUFFKING

If this is a decent price, SOLD.

The GFX card is a 1GB GDDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 335M, enter the sweepstakes on their website and it’ll say after.

6. Bulk Slash

I’d be more excited if my current Alienware wasn’t a disintegrating pile of shit. The specs might be great but they’re made out of cheap plastic. Mine’s been sent back 3 times for repairs and the first two times they fixed one thing and broke something else.

50fps on Crysis and only 30fps on CoD sounds a bit odd too. CoD runs on just about anything, whereas Crysis still makes top end machines look like 486s. Perhaps they meant 5fps? ;)

7. Len

Aak, ok thx DK.

Like OG says, I’ll stick with my desktop thx, the thought of playing anything on a laptop really doesn’t work for me.

8. polygem

sounds great. price is great for a gaming laptop- they are still so damn expensive – i once had an asus gaming laptop – it was a great machine but i payed 1700 euros for it back then. this is a lot of cash because the problem with laptops is that they are not upgradeable or very limited for upgrading. but how do they know that it´s the cheapest in the universe? maybe there´s some real alien alienware notebook for even less cash on a hidden planet somewhere.