Thu, Jan 07, 2010 | 11:01 GMT
Actor hints at potential Duke Nukem: Forever release
Were you one of the many who burst into tears when Duke Nukem Forever breathed its final breath?
You may have hope yet, if the obvious silence of Duke’s voice actor is to be believed.
Jon St. John was asked at the recent Music and Games Festival in Virginia if the game still had a future, and if it would still release. St. John couldn’t answer the question, but not because of the court case between Take Two and 3D Realms.
“Let me go ahead and tell you right now that I’m not allowed to talk about Duke Nukem Forever,” he said.
Wait, don’t go for the pillow yet. After the moaning and groaning of an attending crowd, he said this:
“No, no, don’t be disappointed, read between the lines… why am I not allowed to talk about it?”
The game was supposidly canned last year after ten years in development, after developer 3D Realms shut up shop.