Actor hints at potential Duke Nukem: Forever release

Thursday, 7th January 2010 11:01 GMT By Johnny Cullen

dukenukemforever31

Were you one of the many who burst into tears when Duke Nukem Forever breathed its final breath?

You may have hope yet, if the obvious silence of Duke’s voice actor is to be believed.

Jon St. John was asked at the recent Music and Games Festival in Virginia if the game still had a future, and if it would still release. St. John couldn’t answer the question, but not because of the court case between Take Two and 3D Realms.

“Let me go ahead and tell you right now that I’m not allowed to talk about Duke Nukem Forever,” he said.

Wait, don’t go for the pillow yet. After the moaning and groaning of an attending crowd, he said this:

“No, no, don’t be disappointed, read between the lines… why am I not allowed to talk about it?”

The game was supposidly canned last year after ten years in development, after developer 3D Realms shut up shop.

From PixelEnemy, via Eurogamer.

1. CroMagnon

First game on OnLive.

What?

2. Hunam

I can’t believe I’ve been waiting for this game for 12 years. That’s half my life.

3. fdelfino

after 12 years, it is mandatory that it rules. Better than MW2 and Uncharted 2 together.

4. JonFE

Well, what I do know for sure is that if this ever sees the light of day, I will certainly wait for *all* reviews to be published before I even consider parting with my cash.

5. Psychotext

I’d buy it just because it was finally released. Would be like owning a little piece of gaming history.

6. Freek

It’ll never live up to expectations. It might be great but it cannot ever be “worth waiting 12 years for” great.

7. Gheritt White

I’m a Duke believer!

8. Hunam

Always bet on the duke.

9. locus2k1

28th april will be the 13th anniversary of its announcement*… wonder if we’ll hear anything by them?

*so says demotivational calendar 2010