10 million Live members use Twitter, Facebook, more

Thursday, 7th January 2010 12:21 GMT By Johnny Cullen

twitterlogo

According to a Microsoft PR, over 10 million Xbox Live users have used Twitter, Facebook, last.fm, Zune Marketplace and Sky Player.

That’s over half of the now confirmed 20 million users that populate Xbox Live.

All of the services mentioned were announced at E3 last year bar Sky Player, which got announced just before it.

They went live in the first week of November, except Sky Player, which went public just before it in the third week of October.

However, the service was pulled at launch after being crippled by demand. It’s since gone back live.

1. JonFE

I would use last.fm if it didn’t include an IP check for availability effectively shutting me out :|

2. Blerk

I wonder how many of those used them more than once?

3. The Hindle

Still not worth £50 is facebook i never use it anyway

4. Psychotext

£50? Try £27.99

I swear, the price of XBL goes up every time someone mentions it. I once heard someone ranting about it being £30 a month.

5. The Hindle

Ahh Pt i was just going off where my local retailer sells it for which is £40 not £50 dont know where i got the 50 from. The fact of the matter is it should be free.
    especially as Psn is getting better and better.

My Xbox live runs out in February the same month as Heavy Rain and Splinter Cell im a bit annoyed ill have to choose between Live or a game

6. Bulk Slash

So with an install base of 39M, 20M have an account and 10M have a Gold account (not counting those who have Gold but don’t use Facebook/Twitter/etc). 25% of your user base paying every month must be a nice money earner for MS.

It’s not surprising Sony are looking at ways they can start charging for PSN!