Alien Breed Evolution on Live now, price to be corrected shortly

Wednesday, 16th December 2009 11:49 GMT By Patrick Garratt

alienbreedevolution2

The first episode of Alien Breed Evolution’s up on XBL now, but someone’s stuck it up for 1200MSP instead of the advertised 800.

Developer Team17 just put out a press release saying the price is going to altered “as soon as possible” and “this is an error outside our immediate control.”

Sounds like someone’s not very happy. Buy it as soon as it says 800, innit.

1. Zarckan

Trial downloaded and played. Looks good. Just waiting for the price fix!

2. Ratso

Gah, I unwittingly paid 1200. What chance a refund?

3. Psychotext

That sucks Ratso. =/

4. DJ Deathstar

I just went to download this and saw the 1200 and thought could have sworn it was supposed to be 800 lol downloading the trial at the moment anyways!
    @ Ratso you should be able to get a refund i’m pretty sure as its microsoft mistake, they’ll be able to see that you paid the wrong price so would have thought you’d get the 400 back!

5. Ratso

Thanks, hope so – I’ve just Tweeted the Bongos man. I recently interviewed John Dennis of T17 about pricing as well.

6. mington

i think they’ll give you your points back,

i remember getting an email once from xbox as apparently i had been over charged for braid when it was on special offer (i didn’t even notice) and the points got added back onto my account

7. Ratso

Nice one. Game’s good anyway, for those of us who remember and enjoy Gauntlet, Alien Syndrome and of course AB. Apparently there are issues with the online play however. Perhaps younger gamers would be happier with a £10 copy of Dead Space…

8. SunKing

I just read the Eurogamer review and am slightly dissapointed. I never played Alien Breed and was hoping this would be a more polished, definitive version of the game I’ve heard so much about.

I also don’t think the decision to seperate solo from co-op sounds like a particularly good idea, either. Will download the trial this weekend and, hopefully, these issues won’t be too significant.

9. El_MUERkO

picked it up, played the first level and half of the second, so far i’m enjoying it but i think it’ll play better in coop :)

10. Mauller

I hope it’s dropped by the time I get home. Also, I loved playing Alien Syndrome with my dad. Good times.

11. Retroid

The co-op idea was fucking stupid, let’s be clear on that. Whoever thought it up needs a slap and I hope the reaction to it means they’ll patch it in somehow.