GT5 Time Trial demo is only 219Mb

Tuesday, 15th December 2009 10:14 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gt5demo2

The GT Academy 2010 time trial demo releasing this week costs a piffly 219Mb to download. We know because we’re doing it now.

The purpose of the tester’s is to find winners for next year’s GT Academy.

It hits publicly on December 17. We’ll do a movie for you in a sec.

1. Joe Anderson (wotta)

Exciting Stuff, im downloading it too.

2. Patrick Garratt

Fuck me. They’re not joking when they say “simulator,” are they?

3. Gekidami

Do you skid off track at every turn Pat?

4. Joe Anderson (wotta)

“Fuck me. They’re not joking when they say “simulator,” are they”?

Lol, I dont think Ive managed to stay on at every corner so far.

5. Patrick Garratt

I’ve done a video of me doing two laps. I sort of hold it together on the second one. This is with the tuned car. I tried with the normal car and I could hardly stay on the track.

6. McLovin85

So that video ur going to show off to us is probably going to take a while to record then Pat? :P

7. Joe Anderson (wotta)

Yeah I cant stay on the track with the standard car, I will try the tuned one and see how I get on.

8. Patrick Garratt

The skills on show in this video are amazing. Nine more minutes to encode.

9. The Hindle

Do you think it will live up to the hype Pat? or alternativly live up to its 5 year development cycle.

10. Patrick Garratt

Video’s up now. I can see what that German site meant about the grass and sand areas. There’s almost no detail in them at all.

11. Patrick Garratt

Hindle – It’ll sell squillions regardless. Seems very good, yeah.

12. The Hindle

Aye it will at that, i seem to be in the minority of people who thinks this will out sell Reach

13. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Is this available in certain regions now or what? How are multiple people downloading it?

14. Psychotext

It’s mostly press that have early access.

(Plus Pat has a pretty mouth)

15. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Got it. Thanks

16. OlderGamer

I bet it sells well Hindle. I don’t know if it will be next years biggest seller or not. I kind of doubt it to be honest. I bet nintendo will still own most of that top ten list. But this game should, I would think, be on the list too. If I was a betting sort I would place my money on Reach however. But there are a lot of big name games that slipped from this year into early next, not to mention some big name games that were schedueled for next year anyways.FF comes to mind. Imo, unless the install user base grows in leaps and bounds(while ms/nintendos stalls), we won’t see a PS3 at the top of the year end sales charts for a while, regaurdless of how good the game is.

17. Gekidami

This is actually up now on the Store along with the Army Of 2:2 demo. For some reason todays update went up early. Theres a Peace Walker demo to which i wasnt expecting.

18. Detale

Yep, just downloaded it. Pretty great, but my driving isn’t.