VGAs – First Crackdown 2 gameplay trailer reveals glide suit

Sunday, 13th December 2009 10:25 GMT By Patrick Garratt

crackdown2

Ruffian put out a first proper gameplay trailer of Crackdown 2 trailer at the VGAs last night, showing agents gliding, co-oping and smacking the shit out of people with sign posts.

Is it good? It is. The game’s out next year, 360-only. Hit the link to see why you should be excited.

Get all the rest of the show news from Steph’s liveblog.

1. Blerk

I love the tune on this trailer, it reminds me of the good old days of batshit British development.

/hums “War has never been so much fun”

2. Redh3lix

Where’s the vid/link? o_O

3. Blerk

All of the new stuff is linked from the first page of Gametrailers.com.

4. Johnny Cullen

Looked shit-awesome.

5. Patrick Garratt

Sorry. Added.

6. Digital Forge

Best bit of Crackdown was running around blowing stuff up, if I get to do that again with a better arsenal of weapons and glide / fly at the same time, consider me sold!

A PC version of this would be brilliant, the modding potential is huge, although don’t hold out any hope.

7. ybfelix

This, and the Spec Ops:The Line’s trailer feels eerie insane

8. DeSpiritusBellum

It’s great to see some new Crackdown, but it does look like they have a lot to fix going from that build. The production values look low as hell, the explosions are pretty ugly and awkward looking, and the zombies AI didn’t even react to a guy gliding in on them. I guess being zombies they aren’t very intelligent, but come on, they have a brand new face to munch on. Show a little zest.

Either way, I was more entertained by that awesome 50′s crooner thing going on in the background than I was playing through all of GTA IV (Aka The Sims 3 – Guns and Whores Pack)

9. Gheritt White

Whilst I’m sure this will be very fun and am sure to get it, I reckon they’ll be criticised for lack of content or progression from the first game, especially after AC2 has been such a master-class in how to push a game series on from one iteration to the next.