VGAs – Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 trailered

Sunday, 13th December 2009 09:48 GMT By Patrick Garratt

batman

Hit the link for Batman: Arkham Asylum 2′s reveal trailer. The game was announced at last night’s Spike VGAs.

This, Ringo, is great news. Watch and see why. There’s no date, but the end of next year is probably a safe bet.

1. zoopdeloop

Joker again???LAME

2. Gekidami

By the looks of it its a direct sequel just after Arkham (Joke is still beat up, Harley is still wearing the nurse uniform). I’m guessing it’ll pass it of as another phase of the Jokers plan.

3. Johnny Cullen

This is awesome news.

If it’s like the first game, I’m all for it. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

4. zoopdeloop

Would like to see another main villain…i suppose after you beat Joker in 2 he’ll be back in 3 as skeleton…

5. Blerk

From the video it looks like it might be a slightly more open environment this time around. I know people asked for that after the first one, I just hope they can manage to pull it off.

Anyway, no complaints about a returning Joker. Joker’s great, surely? :-)

6. Digital Forge

More excellent voice work from Mark Hamill can only be a good thing.

With it seemingly picking up quite soon after events at the Asylum, I wonder how much of a part Mr. Dent is going to play, if any.

7. McLovin85

Doesn’t Arkum look completely different or it is just me? For one thing shouldn’t it be an island in the middle of a bay rather than right next to Gotham city as it’s depicted in the trailer. Also doesn’t it look a lot bigger than the Arkum in the first game? I’m no expert on Batman so maybe someone could enlighten me. Loved the first game though so more is definitely good!!

8. Blerk

It’s a different Arkham. I’m surmising that someone’s just moved the sign rather than them deciding to relocate the entire facility to some run-down Gotham slum.

9. Gekidami

Yeah, by that trailer it looks like all of Gotham (or atleast apart of it) has become Arkham.

10. Len

That’s what I was assuming, they’ve quarantined Gotham and turned it into Arkham by some nefarious storyline no doubt.

Bring it on… :)

11. DJ Deathstar

I wonder which hand from the ending their going with?

12. JonFE

Awesome news indeed! Batman: AA sits easily in my top 3 games of 2009 and more of it would be more than welcome in my home.

I agree it looks to be set in Gotham and that will probably result in an even more varied environment – it cannot come soon enough!

13. freedoms_stain

@7, it says “Arkham has moved” after the wreck Ivy and her plants made of the place in the first game it’s no surprise they might move to a new location either because the original needs hefty repairs or was too fucked to repair.

14. The Hindle

Wonder if this is out next year?

15. rainer

That was quick! as others have said Joker again, apparently Gothem is filled with pushovers and despite the mass murders of the first game Joker is let loose again.

Thats the only problem I have with the Batman universe in an effort it make it all edgy everyone gets slaughtered but they keep bringing back the same villain over and over.

16. Dr.Ghettoblaster

I’m thinking this should be DLC and not a full sequel. Full sequel should have upgrade in graphics, etc. Just don’t wanna get ripped off.

Either way though, this is awesome news. Just hope they package it right and give us our moneys worth.

17. RayEMTFF

Cant Wait for the game

18. hitnrun

I’m a bit concerned that it appears to be a rush job.

Not that there was anything wrong with AA, it was a five star game — but you could start to see by the end how it would quickly lose luster if went on for a few more hours.

I don’t want them to “change” the game necessarily…I just think it deserves a true sequel, conceptualized and put together by the same people who made the first one from scratch.

19. cachucha

gotta milk em while its popular

20. JonFE

Since we don’t know when it’s going to be released, how can we tell that it is a rush job?

21. Mike

First one really didn’t do the business for me. Far too “cold” and structured.

They need to make it a world as big as GTA, or even Crackdown, imo.

22. McLovin85

Yeah Arkham was pretty FUBAR after the first game. Setting it up so that part of Gotham is separated off to become the new ‘Arkum’ would be a cool idea. As people have said though, i hope they don’t rush it and that it’s as top quality as the first one.

23. The Hindle

I hope this isnt a yearly sequel. If they were wise they would space them out a bit.

24. FeaturePreacher

Certainly hope they give greater levels of difficulty in combat this time.

25. endgame

hi. i know i’m late but do u guys know if they will release this for the pc as well?

26. Blerk

I can’t imagine that they wouldn’t.

27. endgame

ty for your opinion Blerk. :)