Stats released for MAG Beta, box art revealed

Thursday, 10th December 2009 20:32 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

mag

Sony has released figures complied by the MAG Beta tests along with the box art for the multiplayer online shooter.

Apparently, more than 42,000 matches were played during the first public Beta between August 17 and December 5 while in October’s Beta, over 534,000miles were traveled in-game by players each week.

During its final month, more than 65,000 players logged into the Beta, 17,000 of them qualified for Squad Leader, 3500 people qualified for Platoon Leader, 1100 made it all the way to OIC, and 206 made the level 60 cap, nearly 18 million kills were made, 700 million shots were fired, and the top three most played maps belonged to the Sabotage mode.

Sounds like it was very popular, indeed.

Head on over to the US PS Blog for more, and to check out the box art.

1. mescalineeyes

there are no words.

2. Bleak Harvest

Sigh.

3. OlderGamer

I enjoyed it. It sorta had that Battlefield feel. Where the game is bigger then just one person, and no one player is going to dominate. So the CoD/Halo crowd that like to drop into a game and take over, should not apply. Team work, worked, mostly. You didn’t need to chat back and forth to get a sense of what to do and where you needed to be, again like Battlefield. Lots of on screen info directing you to where you were needed most.
    Like I said I liked it.
    I was worried about lag, but found very little. I was worried about bad graphics, but there are passible. Its not UC2, but UC2 is 5 vs 5 MP not 128 vs 128 either. Average graphics. The weapon choices were varied enough. I liked building my own “class” and I liked leveling up your skills as apossed to recieving out and out perks. I would to see future FPS explore this leveling up and custimaztion. IMO CoD perks unbalance the gameplay. Mag doesn’t feel unbalanced. I am looking forward to the game, but feel like I will mostly end up playing Bad Company 2 instead. But maybe not.

4. Dr.Ghettoblaster

Played the beta and thought it was bland, average, and sucked. Just my opinion of the early beta.

5. El_MUERkO

i thought it was shit

6. Jadeskye

A shame. i was hoping this might entertain me until DICE gets around to making Battlefield 3.

7. G1GAHURTZ

Popular?

LOL.

8. Blerk

I still can’t quite believe that they’re really going to call it “MAG”.