Home is a year old, get a tree house and visit Santa

Wednesday, 9th December 2009 17:12 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

pshomesanta

PlayStation Home will be one-year-old soon and to celebrate, Sony is handing out free Tree Houses.

To be made available at Home Estates this Thursday, the Tree House will be free for a period of two weeks only.

That’s not all though. The Winter Wonderland space will be flung wide, and will get more festive as time goes on complete with Santa and mini-games along with gifts and other rewards.

Also, the Alter Ego store has new hats with crazy lights on top in four colors ā€“ red, blue, green, and yellow ā€“ and two new masks.

There’s loads more info over on the EU PS Blog. Go have a read.

1. theevilaires

OMG what the fuck has HOME become. WE WANT THE TROPHY ROOM FFS!!!!!!!!!! NOT A DAMN Christmas tree.

2. reask

^ :D

3. theevilaires

Which leads to my next question….has Reask been in HOME yet? :D

4. Mike

I have. Me, Pat and Ellie hung about and watched each other dance a bit.

Then we all logged out. :)

5. Hunam

That picture has odd overtones I’d rather not discuss.

6. DaMan

:D

7. Stephany Nunneley

I still can’t figure out how to change my hair and facial features if that is even possible. 30 minutes in I said eff it and have not been back since.

8. Cort

Home doesn’t only need a trophy room, it needs trophies. That might encourage more serious gamers to log on, and start to outnumber the cranks and nutters.

9. Armitage

You can change facial features to an impressive degree. You get a choice of hairstyles. However, Home overall is like some dystopian future where everything is run by ad execs. At least it seemed that way the last time I went.

10. Mike

“Another thing it needs is the ability to kit your apartment out with a pool table, arcade cabinet etc, and then let you invite your friends over for a party in which you as host can play any music on your HDD.”

…and then you commit ritual suicide.

11. Hunam

Home was just a colossol waste of time and money and Sony should have spent it making a decent platformer to compliment Ratchet.

12. Armitage

“Home was just a colossol waste of time and money”

Apparently Sony make good money from it.. So from their perspective it’s a success, I suppose. From my perspective though.. Yeah I agree.

“Sony should have spent it making a decent platformer to compliment Ratchet.”

LBP > Every other platformer ever made. Personal opinion, before anyone feels the need to rage. :)

13. Cort

@Mike, we play friends online all the time. Why would transferring that game into your customised apartment with your favourite music, voice chat and avatars make it a bad thing?

14. Armitage

“Why would transferring that game into your customised apartment with your favourite music, voice chat and avatars make it a bad thing?”

I think this would be a very good thing. If Home did this, and hosted gigs as well from decent bands instead of adverts from the various screens that’d be very cool, I’d reconsider Home for sure. Until then.. No.

15. SlayerGT

One thing that I thought would be a no brainer, was to stream E3 into the theater live. You could have one PR guy stand in the back and just watch reactions from everyone =)

16. theevilaires

Cort you’re right but I don’t know whats the problem. I just wished Sony came out and said look guys this is how it all works and we have to do this and that to make it happen.

Unless they have plans for a better HOME on PS4 this one is heading down the shitter fast. Where’s Phil Harrision when you need him dammit.

17. Syrok

Home is actually the only “game” where I would welcome guns. Or at least a baseball bat. :D

18. Mike

Home zombie hunt. That’d be great.

19. Jadeskye

holy shit home is still active?

20. Armitage

@SlayerGT

Yep another good idea.

21. Armitage

Ooh ooh:

Home is where the hate is.