Take-Two says Mafia II is on schedule, Max Payne 3 will be late

Thursday, 3rd December 2009 21:53 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

maxpayne3

Take-Two has released its Q4 fiscal 2009 results, and included in the mailer was the news that Mafia II is on schedule for the first part of 2010.

However, like all good trains, Max Payne 3 will be running late and will not see a release until sometime during Q4 of 2010.

“Take-Two has a strong pipeline of titles that remain on plan for launch in 2010, including BioShock 2, Mafia II, Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption, ” read the report. “BioShock 2 is on target for a global release on February 9, 2010, and Red Dead Redemption is planned for April 27, 2010.

“Mafia II is scheduled to follow during the first half of calendar 2010, and Max Payne 3 is now planned for release during the fourth quarter of fiscal 2010.”

The financial call is expected to start anytime, and we’ll be listening in for an explanation for why it’s going to be late.

At least this way, there’s a bit less on your shopping list for the first part of the year, kiddos.

1. SlayerGT

SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT MAFIA II!! Would someone tell these publishers I’m trying to buy a fuckin house! Jesus! =)

2. Razor

“However, like all good trains…”

This is surely an oxymoron.

3. Johnny Cullen

Strauss: Please do what you did in August and kick off a fuss if you’re asked on GTA V.

Thanks.

4. SlayerGT

OH Steph, see if there’s any mention of Episodes from Liberty City going PS3-ward!

5. The Hindle

@SlayerGt

:) lol i know we get a breather at last

6. SlayerGT

Oh Hindle dont worry. I’ll be eatin noodles and my friends will be sittin on the floor before I cant support my “habit” =)

7. Stephany Nunneley

Slayer, we’re listening to it now. At the moment, it’s all “blah blah” money money “blah blah” baseball “blah blah”. :-D

8. SlayerGT

Well anyone who knows me knows I certainly dont like money =) or blah for that matter.

9. Blerk

They’d gone very quiet on Mafia II, I was fully expecting them to announce a slip. Hurry up and show us some more of it!

10. Anders

From what I say at GamesCom, they need to work on their engine. Like, a lot. The FPS dropped well below 30 as soon as they went outdoors.