Confirmed: GT Academy 2010 Time Trial demo is GT5 code

Thursday, 3rd December 2009 14:41 GMT By Patrick Garratt

gt54

Confusion over. The GT Academy 2010 Time Trial track releasing on December 17 is definitely GT5 code. This is your first chance to get a proper play of what will almost certainly be the biggest racing game of 2010.

“Yes, it’s GT5 code,” a PR rep just told us by email.

The taster will be a single track for the 2010 GT Academy competition.

Speculation mounted following the announcement of the demo’s release that it would simply be a new track in the Prologue engine: now you know.

So yeah. Get pumped. There’s no date on the game outside Japan as yet.

1. Psychotext

Coolness. I shall go back to hoping my wheel arrives in time.

2. Herlock

I read the french site, its the demo of the game with a trial contest for have a real lesson of driving at Silverstone with the Nissan 370Z.

3. Armitage

Woohoo! Again! Thanks for getting that cleared up.

Maybe I should get a wheel. Can’t afford one though. It would be terrible to think my chances of a glittering racing career were ruined by using an inferior peripheral.

4. theevilaires

Damn GT5 Graphics are sweet. I’m gonna piss myself in Photo Mode :D

5. Jadeskye

i wonder how this will do in the grand scheme of things. is the install base ready for GT5?

6. Detale

Thanks for clearing that up, can’t wait!

7. Cort

Oh boy. Oh boy. Oh boy.

Better hurry up and order my racing seat to go with the Logitech GT wheel still that’s in its box. Don’t tell The Wife.

Oh boy.

8. No_PUDding

Install base comes from large sellers, in my opinion.

anyway…

/screams

9. theevilaires

I’ll be sending you messages all day now Cort. Your wife will then realize something is going on and beat you up like Tiger Woods. :D

10. Johnny Cullen

T.
    I.
    C.
    K.

:D

11. lurkylurkerlurk

from someone who has lurked for waaaay too long and been waaaaay too nervous to post a comment. There is a Facebook site for it with images of GT5 and how it all works. Facebook.com/GTAcademy

Says there as well definitely GT5 not Prologue code. You can see the car there

12. onlineatron

Only worry now is… will this early demo code be enough to convert me.

I was pretty unimpressed with prologue but held out hope for an improved (user friendly) experience with GT5.

I just hope this demo doesn’t sully that.

13. theevilaires

You better believe one fucking thing the XBOTS will have their noses pointed in this trail demo ass to judge and compare it with Forza 3. I bet any amount of money on it.

14. Armitage

Thanks, lurkylurkerlurkMclurckington!

I did sign up for Facebook for some reason, but haven’t used it since. Might go find my details to check that out though.

15. Armitage

tea, sorry to say it, but you were the first one to bring all that up it seems..

16. theevilaires

I’m only stating the obvious. Sorry if that’s a crime. It doesn’t take a moron to see that. N4G’s top headlines will be

GT5 better than Forza 3?

Forza 3 outshines GT5

GT5 don’t bother waiting just buy Forza 3

17. No_PUDding

And he’ll hopefully be the only one.

Just conincidentally, I was listening to the AWESOME music from the Ferrari 458 Italia video this morning. It’s awesome in the forest with sound cancelling earphones. Sounds like the forest is making the music.

18. Armitage

“Sounds like the forest is making the music.”

Oh..Kay..

I’ll have 2 of whatever it is you’re on, please. :D

19. SlayerGT

SHWEET!

20. No_PUDding

Hey, shutup…

I can be all poetic if I want. I can wear a dress too, but I don’t. I wonder if the bakers is open tomorrow, I’d bet it was if it weren’t for that nasty little Jimmy!

/passes out

21. Armitage

:D

Actually yeah, I’ll just stick to 1..

22. No_PUDding