UK charts: MW2 holds off ACII, NSMB Wii despite sales drop

Monday, 23rd November 2009 14:06 GMT By Johnny Cullen

modernwarfare23

Modern Warfare 2, unsurprisingly, still holds onto No. 1 in the UK charts this week, despite a massive 86% sales drop from it’s launch week a fortnight ago.

Assassin’s Creed II appears in at two and New Super Mario Bros for the Wii holds onto three, with Left 4 Dead 2 in at seven.

Find the full top ten below. Last week’s data, including MW2 selling 1.7 million, is here.

UK charts

1. Eregol

Now, there’s a shock.

Shameful that Uncharted 2 has disappeared from there already. A much better game than MW2.

2. Uncontested

Left 4 Dead 2 @ #7 lol figures.. gamers aren’t as dumb as you think Valve, everyone realizes that garbage is barely worth calling an Expansion Pack let ALONE being a “New” game to warrant being 60 bucks.

I miss the days of Expansion Packs, but seems those days are long dead with the game industry scrounging like rabid animals for every penny and release a new campaign as a wohle new game.. rofl.

3. freedoms_stain

I think a lot of people are still cautious of ACII after the burn of AC.

I think it will sell well in the long run, but a lot of peeps will be waiting for a price drop before they buy.

4. Blerk

I don’t necessarily think that AC2 has done badly, you just can’t compete with the behemoth that is MW2. Whoever you are.

5. RomaTotti10

I can see that Left 4 Dead 2 is being published by EA. Does anyone know anything about this connection between EA and Valve?

I wouldn’t personally say that Left 4 Dead 2 is an EA game but they must be making some money as the publisher. Please comment if anyone as some inside information about this?

6. Dannybuoy

I agree with you Eregol, Uncharted 2 kicks MW2′s sorry ass. Shame that it goes by largely unnoticed by lots of gamers. They don’t know what they’re missing out on. Oh well, their loss!

7. freedoms_stain

@5, Valve are the publishers, EA distribute.

8. The Hindle

Uncharted 2 has sold 1m worldwide so far not bad as its a sequel to a game that was ignored by everyone

9. 01casey

Uncharted was hardly ignored by everyone, it sold around 3 million in total.

On the other hand, rather expected chart to be honest. I’d expect CoD and ACII to be miles ahead of the competition in sales.

10. RomaTotti10

@7 No, EA is publishing Left 4 Dead 2 like they also did with Left 4 Dead. I did some research and found the information on Gamasutra but their partnership isn’t described very clearly.

11. freedoms_stain

Perhaps you’re confusing the roles of Publisher and Distributor, Valve Published both L4D 1+2, EA Distributes them.

12. OlderGamer

I got a chance to play the new super mario bros wii! All I can say is wow. Way too many people are going to over look that game for sure. Its down right amazing. Classic in every sense except it doesn’t feel old. If that makes sense. There is deffently going to be one under out tree this year.

13. Dralen

I bought AC2 and its awesome! Huge improvement over the original.