Wed, Nov 18, 2009 | 21:00 GMT
Toys R US reveal pre-Black Friday deals
Toys R Us has announced deals that will go into effect starting November 22 and ending on November 26 – Black Friday – for both online and actual store locations.
Here’s the dealio:
- DS and PSP games will be buy one, get one half off
- Wii and Xbox 360 Arcade hardware purchases will be bundled with a $15 gift card for Wendy’s, Subway, or Cold Stone Creamery (in-store only)
- Select video games will be bundled with a $25 iTunes gift card (in-store only)
- The Beatles: Rock Band standalone software will be $49.99
- The Beatles: Rock Band Special Value Edition will be $134.99
- Select video game storage units will be $34.99
Starting November 20 through November 22, TRU stores and Toysrus.com will offer a “Ready to Play DS Lite Pack” for $157.95 which inlcudes a DS Lite, case, accessories, and two DS games from an edited assortment.
Decent deals all around there. Full PR is below the break.
WAYNE, N.J., Nov. 18 /PRNewswire/ — Toys”R”Us today announced it has expanded its popular “Big Gift” layaway to include video game hardware and is also introducing a new video game hardware trade-in program. Now gift-givers have even more convenient ways to pay and save with these additional value offerings just in time for the holiday season, whether they are looking to buy new hardware, rid their basement of old items or both!
“Since the introduction of the ‘Big Gift’ layaway last month, the number one request we’ve received from customers is to expand the program to include video game hardware, and we’re responding by providing more convenient payment options for these items,” said Jerry Storch, Chairman and CEO, Toys”R”Us, Inc. “At the same time, we’re adding a video game hardware trade-in program in our stores for customers who may be looking for ways to save on Christmas gifts for loved ones or to upgrade their own gaming systems.”
“Big Gift” Layaway Expands to Include Video Game Hardware
Effective immediately, video game hardware is now included in the company’s “Big Gift” layaway offering. Through the program, customers can reserve some of the hottest items of the season early when supply is at its best, and make a series of small payments over time. Video game hardware such as Nintendo Wii, DS and DSi, Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable systems and related accessories can be placed on layaway. Customers nationwide have been taking advantage of the “Big Gift” layaway as an option for gifting large items such as bikes, Power Wheels(®), play kitchens, dollhouses, cribs and more since its introduction in October.
Placing a product on layaway at any Toys”R”Us store requires a deposit of 20% of the total purchase, including all applicable taxes, and a $10 service charge. Payments may be made at the store at any time in the form of cash, check, credit card, debit card or gift card. Items must be paid for in full by December 6 to ensure the gift is available for pickup before Christmas. A fee will apply to canceled layaway orders(*).
(*)The program is not available in Maryland at this time. Stores in Ohio and Rhode Island have different policies for canceled orders. See stores for details.
Video Game Hardware Trade-In Program Introduced
Beginning Friday, November 20, customers can trade in used video game hardware at Toys”R”Us stores nationwide in exchange for Toys”R”Us gift cards(**). Whether a dad trades in the Nintendo Game Boy Advance from his childhood and uses the gift card he receives to buy toys for his own kids or an avid gamer wants to upgrade to the newest gaming system, customers will appreciate being able to turn outdated video game hardware into savings on their next Toys”R”Us purchase.
Video game hardware systems eligible for the trade-in program include:
Microsoft – Xbox 360 Core/Arcade, Xbox 360 Premium 20 GB, Xbox 360 Premium 60 GB, Xbox 360 Elite, Xbox 360 Halo Edition and Xbox Original
Sony – PlayStation 3 20 GB, PlayStation 3 40 GB, PlayStation 3 60 GB, PlayStation 3 80 GB, PlayStation 3 160 GB, PlayStation 3 Slim 120 GB, PlayStation 2 Original, PlayStation 2 Slim, PlayStation 1, PlayStation Portable Original, Slim and Go
Nintendo – Wii, DSi, DS Lite, DS, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Advance, Game Cube and Nintendo 64
Customers can participate in the video game hardware trade-in program at Toys”R”Us stores in the United States as follows:
* Used video game hardware may be brought to a Toys”R”Us Guest Services desk.
* Hardware will then be scanned and prices will be offered for each item.
* Customers confirm that they want to accept the offer to exchange any, or all, of the hardware they brought to the store.
* Once the transaction is complete, customers receive an activated gift card equal to the total worth of all hardware traded.
* Immediately upon receiving the gift card, customers can purchase any product from iPods and toys to candy and diapers at any Toys”R”Us or Babies”R”Us location or online at Toysrus.com.
This new trade-in option for video game hardware supplements a video game trade-in program offered since September in Toys”R”Us stores nationwide.
(** )Video game hardware trade-in is unavailable at Toys”R”Us Holiday Express locations and select Toys”R”Us locations. See stores for details.
More Video Game and Hardware Holiday Deals Ahead
Ready To Play DS Lite Pack
This weekend, the values available on video game hardware begin with an unbelievable Nintendo DS Lite deal for three days only, from Friday, November 20 through Sunday, November 22. This special deal offers the Nintendo DS Lite for $64.99 when purchased as part of the Ready To Play DS Lite Pack totaling $157.95, while supplies last. The Ready To Play DS Lite Pack, available at Toys”R”Us stores nationwide and Toysrus.com, offers the perfect starter kit for portable gaming, including:
* DS Lite Starter Kit
* DS Neoprene Case
* Two DS Lite Games (customers can choose games from an edited assortment)
The savings continue on Sunday, November 22 at Toys”R”Us with even more incredible deals on video games and hardware, such as:
* Buy 1, Get 1 HALF OFF – ALL Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable Games
* FREE $25 iTunes Gift Card with the purchase of select video games (in-store only)
* FREE $15 Gift Card to Cold Stone Creamery, Subway or Wendy’s with the purchase of a Wii or Xbox 360 Arcade Game System (in-store only)
* SAVE $25 on The Beatles: Rockband Value Bundle for Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3 – Was $159.99; Now $134.99
* SAVE $10 on The Beatles: Rockband for Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3 – Was $59.99; Now $49.99
* 30% OFF select video game storage units – Was $49.99; Now $34.99
These offers are valid in-store and online (except where noted above) through Thursday, November 26.