Twitter, Facebook and Last.fm 360 go live

Tuesday, 17th November 2009 10:45 GMT By Patrick Garratt

twitterlogo2

Nelson’s confirmed that Facebook, Zune Video, Twitter and Last.FM are now available on 360.

Facebook and Twitter should appear automatically on your dashboard in the new My Community channel. Zune Video is in the Video Channel and Last.FM should now be found under the Music Channel.

Get ready for 50 billion Tweets saying, “Tweeting from my 360.” A great day to look forward to.

1. Eregol

Fantastic
    This and Facebook on PS3?
    I think I can go on not giving a shit.

If I synced my PS3 or Xbox with Facebook and had it auto-posting updates I’d get the shit ripped out of me.

2. Psychotext

Let’s face it though… it’s a very clever way of getting free advertising, which is exactly why they’re doing it.

3. Retroid

Last.fm = awesome

Facebook & Twitter = fuck right off. Now. No, further than that. Off that cliff.

4. Johnny Cullen

Last.fm is properly awesome.

Properly awesome. :D

5. revolting

Last.fm is indeed an awesome service and and excellent addition to the xbox. Fantastic stuff made fantasticer, all hooked up to my surround sound setup.

People moaning about the facebook and twitter apps spamming their friends with game status updates clearly are talking out of their arses; not bothering to research what they’re moaning about for the lose. Neither of those apps do that. They are stand alone apps, not part of the xbox interface itself and not connected to games (or anything else on the console) in any way whatsoever. They just offer another (pretty well put together) way to use facebook or twitter, much like apps for the services on, say, the iphone, or desktop clients like TweetDeck and it’s ilk.

However, the ps3 facebook app does support game status updates I think, so I’ll steer clear of that one, although I believe game spam is optional.

6. reask

Sounds like last fm is pretty good.
    Is there a good selection of music on it?

7. Armitage

Yep. Very good.

8. reask

These consoles are really becoming all in one home entertainment systems.
    Now if they could just add a dog walking feature I am sold. :)

9. freedoms_stain

What they’re becoming is gimped PC’s.

Well, PS3 fats can take Linux, so it’s not gimped, but the rest of em, GIMPED.

10. reask

Yes freedom but they still do games.
    I mean you have to upgrade your PC pretty regularly to keep up with today,s gaming.

11. Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca

No Last.FM in Ireland. Boo.

12. reask

Ashelia Bnargin Dalmasca said:

No Last.FM in Ireland. Boo.

Well bol**x to that then.
    Any particular reason?