Rumour – inFamous 2 to feature online multiplayer

Monday, 16th November 2009 19:35 GMT By Johnny Cullen

infamous4

According to a job listing on Gama, inFamous developer Sucker Punch, are looking for a Network Programmer for some sort of online capabillity.

But what can it be? inFamous 2, of course.

See? They have already auditioned an actor to possibly take on the role of main character Cole for the sequel.

Take that as you will.

From PS3Center.

1. ecu

Oh good, another game adding unnecessary multiplayer.

2. Gekidami

Bah, it could work. Depends on how its done really.

3. mescalineeyes

worked for GTA, why shouldn’t it work here.

4. Phoenixblight

People fail to see when they add multiplayer. They have to reserve resources to the game so that multiplayer can be added thus making the game helluva lot shorter. Where the game was once 20 hours its now 10-15 just so that can some people can use multiplayer. They should make it optional for people if people really want Multiplayer in a single player game, make them pay for it as a DLC.

5. SlayerGT

Ha! Yeah Uncharted seriously suffered due to the inclusion of MP.

6. Phoenixblight

First of all Uncharted the first one was mere 8 hours and that was playing on regular difficulty they did not use the entire Bluray space. SO with the second they made it 15 hours and gave it multiplayer.

7. Yoshi

*COUGH* COD:MW2 Only 5Hour Singleplayer *COUGH*

8. SlayerGT

Phoenix, would you rather 5-10 more hours of Uncharted, Killzone, Metal Gear, COD, Halo, or GTA single player? Or 50+ more hours of a multiplayer counter-part?

Personally, I feel my 60 bucks was well spent on Uncharted and I never touched the MP. But thats me. And if MW2 didnt have MP, I would have reenacted “No Russian” at IW’s offices =)

9. ecu

COD really is a series that needs multiplayer.

Some don’t, though. GTA didn’t need it, Resident Evil didn’t need it, Dead Space doesn’t need it.

10. SlayerGT

It also depends on the kind of MP your talking about. Something like borderlands with the Co op isn’t needed per say but its nice. GTA has never needed MP but I dont think having it makes the game any less great. It all depends on the game, the dev making it, and the type of MP being used. And I can promise you publishers are beggin for it cause it keeps a game off the used shelf a lot longer than something with 10-20 hours of length and no MP.

11. Phoenixblight

I hate Multiplayer so I go with the story over playing with some twat. SO yes 10 hours more of story over multiplayer especially when its game like Infamous or my RPGs. THis multiplayer fad needs to die.

12. Edward Cullen

funny. Some of you people speak like when ND announced MP on uncharted 2. =)

13. DrDamn

I’m not a fan of shoe horning in MP to a game that was previously SP. However I think this would add something to inFamous. I thought the combat model in the game was sound, combined with the climbing aspects this could be very cool.