BioWare might add co-op for future Mass Effect titles, says Muzyka

Monday, 16th November 2009 14:44 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Mass Effect 2

BioWare bossman Ray Muzyka has hinted in an interview with Videogamer that co-op could become a feature for future Mass Effect/Dragon Age games.

“Sure, we would consider it. We haven’t announced anything on that front yet, but those are interesting ideas. They could make a great gameplay experience. Whether we’ll do them or not remains to be decided.

“We’ve done it, and we’re doing it again now in Star Wars: The Old Republic. But it is challenging,” revealed Muzkya.

Find the full thing through the link. Dragon Age: Origins is out now on PC and 360, with an EU PS3 release on Friday, and Mass Effect 2 releases in January 2010 for PC and 360.

1. Hunam

No no no no no no no no no no for the love of god no.

2. blackdreamhunk

meh just means more content for gamers :) I already have CE pre ordered.

3. Hunam

Resident Evil 5 is the poster child for why co-op isn’t always the answer.

4. Blerk

/facepalm

5. Freek

Isn’t ME supposed to be a trilogy? Meaning after next years installment there’s only one more left?

6. Armitage

No, ME is a disease characterised by a range of neurological symptoms and signs, muscle pain with intense physical or mental exhaustion, relapses, and specific cognitive disabilities.

7. Armitage

Sorry. I haven’t slept.

8. Armitage

@Freek, yeah I’m sure I’ve read somewhere they’d intended to make it a trilogy.

9. Phoenixblight

It is a trilogy. I would be really pissed if they make RPGs multiplayer. THis is the one of the best RPG companies and if they go that route, they will be dead to me. DEAD TO ME!

Multiplayer mean resources taken from the game to make it so. That means less hours on the game just so little bobby joe can pplay with his best bud so the game doesn’t seem so hard.

10. freedoms_stain

I actually don’t mind the concept of co-op in RPGs which have partys or ‘followers’.

The number of times Charon immolated us both in gas filled rooms in FO3 or charged random enemies I’d rather have avoided invthe wasteland – I found myself wishing he was being controlled by a person with some intelligence many times.